Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

7 weeks post ultrasound still no miscarriage

Firstly let me say how brave every woman on here is. I had an ultrasound at 9 weeks which revealed no heart beat and baby measuring 6+3. I've had 3 HCG and a progesterone all showing that levels are dropping and miscarriage is imminent. I've had NO bleeding or even a twinge of pain. My obgyn has expressed that by allowing my body to pass the uterine contents naturally will be much healthier for me and my future fertility prospects but now I'm just over the whole thing!!! Any prior experience with such a long MMC? Advice greatly appreciated.

Re: 7 weeks post ultrasound still no miscarriage

• I apologize in advance, this will probably be long!

It seems like we have had similar experiences. I went in for my 8 week US and they said baby was 6w3d and we saw a heartbeat. Went for follow up 2 weeks later and there was no heartbeat and the baby was even smaller. Did bloodwork and HCG was dropping. It took just over 2 weeks from that follow up for me to start bleeding at all. During that time my pregnancy symptoms (MS) decreased but I had no MC symptoms at all either. I started spotting one night and then it was 2 weeks of light to moderate period-like bleeding and I thought that would go on forever until one day in the morning at work I started cramping and passed a couple of clots. I decided to go home at lunch because the pain was increasing. By late afternoon the pain was really bad. People say you experience "cramping" but when the time comes they are actually contractions and it hurts like hell (but didn't last that long). I passed tons of clots and by the end couldn't get off the bed because the pain was bad. After the worst of it the pain stopped and I passed the sac and lots more clots. I had lots of bleeding for one more day and then it went back to more period-like for just under a week before it stopped.

All that said, I would have been at 12 weeks when I finally passed the baby. I felt like the whole process took an eternity but strangely enough I am happy that I did it all naturally rather than D&C. It is super frustrating and heartbreaking that our bodies can take so long to react when our brains already know that the pregnancy is no longer viable. It's heartbreaking but you can do it.