July 2015 Moms

Bruising and rapid weight loss after delivery?

amyjay23amyjay23 member
edited July 2015 in July 2015 Moms
Hi all- I had a perfect little girl on 7/9/15. As of today, I am down to 2 lbs away from my original weight- (-18 lbs in 5 days). I would normally be excited about this, but I also have noticed that I have some bruising on my arms that wasn't there prior to delivery. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this while breastfeeding or immediately after delivery? I am going to ask my doctor to be sure, just wondering if this is a normal symptom of just being run down after having a baby. Thanks in advance! Hope you are all doing well.

Re: Bruising and rapid weight loss after delivery?

• mnj05mnj05 member
    I don't know about the bruising but I lost weight fast with both of mine. My first, I lost 15 pounds in the first week and this time I am 4 days postpartum and have lost 14. Women lose weight at different rates afterwards and as long as you're eating well and getting fluids, you should be fine.

Hopefully the bruising is ok, that's just nothing I've experienced after delivery.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• eclohoecloho member
    @amyjay23 & @mnj05 it is Inspiring to hear about the rapid weight-loss!!! I have always been about 120 pound person and now am a little over 160 pounds at 35 years old and I am an FTM. Hoping for rapid weight loss myself… I have stayed very active during my pregnancy and amPlanning to breast-feed. Bummed that I still managed to gain over 40 pounds, but it's all in my belly & boobs and from the back I hardly even look pregnant
  • Loading the player...
  • I lost all my weight very quickly, I wouldn't be concerned about that part but def inquire about the bruising.
  • I lost 14 in 1 week, I am currently breastfeeding... But have not notice easy bruising....
  • My first, I lost 30 pounds in 3 days.. All water weight, I gained 100 pounds so it wasn't much to lose.