January 2016 Moms

Separate sacs and placentas

Anyone else having these kind of twins? I believe there called di/di twins. Need to do more research. Anyone else having these kind and want to share any information you have on them? What are the chances of them being boy/girl?
1st child DOB 9/3/02

SO and I met 6/25/06

Married 9/2/12

Due date 1/16/16 with our twins!

Re: Separate sacs and placentas

• I know if you go to the multples/twins forum I actually ran into a lot of women having di/di twins! I didn't know what it meant until you just explained it lol.
  • I'm having di/di twins. At my 13 week ultrasound the tech guessed both of them to be boys, but we won't know for sure until the anatomy scan at 18 weeks. I know there's a 33.3% chance di/di twins can be identical. Not sure about the boy/girl odds though :) if they're identical, obviously they won't be boy/girl lol.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @Jenbug116 my ultrasound tech guessed boy/girl but of course she didn't know for sure. I am actually having a gender test done next Saturday so I can find out the sexes early. I can't wait till I'm 18 weeks to find out, that is much too long lol.
    1st child DOB 9/3/02

SO and I met 6/25/06

Married 9/2/12

Due date 1/16/16 with our twins!
  • Me! I just found out a couple days ago at my second ultrasound! Apparently they missed one baby the first time lol! Complete shock! But they are di/di twins! I'm hoping for a boy and a girl I won't find till next month hopefully they corporate!
  • I'm also having di/di twins! It means you released two eggs that got fertilized so they'll be like any regular siblings from singleton pregnancies (as in not identical). They could be different sexes, they could look different, you never know!

I have a hunch mine are boy/girl, but I guess we'll have to wait a few weeks to find out!
  • Me, too! Wow, lots of multiples on this board!
  • I'm 12 weeks with di/di twins. I have my 12 week appt tomorrow.
  • rah938rah938 member
    I'm having di/di twins, due January 22.
    I've done some research, and it's often quoted you have a 20% chance of them being identical. Actually though, about 20% of identical twins are di/di twins, meaning only about 3% of di/di twins are identical.
    I've read you have a 50/50 chance of boy-girl combo and 25% chance of girl-girl and 25% chance of boy/boy.
    Fun to see how many are having twins! Bigger club than I thought!
  • I am!! Just found out yesterday! We find out the gender on the 27th of this month!
  • im Due January 17th
  • I'm due January 25th but I do not believe she is going to let me go past January 11th.
  • I'm having di/di twins. Not sure about sexes, have to wait 4 more weeks until our 19w scan. I'm going to ask Dr about this whole identical twin thing, how cool would that be!
  • Me too. It's the "safest" kind of twins in terms of pregnancy so that's nice.
    1.0&2.0 7-29-11

• taralatarala member
    I am! Due 2/13 but won't go past 1/31 if I can even make it that far!

Ella Rose

1/17/15 born via IVF w/ ICSI

Spontaneous Twins!

Due January 2016

Follow our Journey