Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Pre-existing hypertenion

Hey guys this is my first post and I was wondering for those of you with preexisting hypertension, what medications to you take? I currently take 300mg of labetalol and 80 of diovan, which needs to be changed before I start ttc. Thanks guys!

Re: Pre-existing hypertenion

• Options
    Hey there! I'm new here also. I have high blood pressure thanks to genetics. Before TTC I was taking 10mg lisinopril but now I have switched to 100mg labetalol 2x daily which is the safest for pregnancy.
  • Options
    knw007knw007 member
    Hey there! I was taking Norvasc 5mg before my first pregnancy then switched to labetalol 100mg 1x daily since the pregnancy and the meds were keeping my bp really low. I have just switched to Metoprolol Tartrate 25MG 1x daily since out of no where my BP spiked for 5 days straight. She said it was safe for pregnancy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lurking and BFP/siggy warning...

I switched from Lisinipril before TTC to Nifedipine after. Now that I'm KU, my OB says it is still a safe med. (There were some other safe choices that my GP considered before I switched but I couldn't take them because of my asthma.)

My HBP is also hereditary.
    Me 37, DH 37
    Married since 4/2004
    DS born 1/20/16, Graeme
  • Options
    I am on a beta blocker and when I talked to the gyno about TTC she had me switch off of Metaprolol Tartrate (Class C) to Acebutolol (Class B).  I made the switched 6months before TTC just to make sure I wasn't handling a pregnancy on top of moving around medications.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"