Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

7 weeks 3 days & told I will miscarry - advice please

lhuston15lhuston15 member
hi I went for an early scan today & told that we just have a sack & nothing inside been told to wait a week for another vaginal scan but it's very clear from them there is no hope .
Has anyone experienced this / any advice please
Many thanks I'm devastated

Re: 7 weeks 3 days & told I will miscarry - advice please

• I'm so sorry for your loss. I don't have any experience with a blighted ovum, but I've seen previous posts on here about that which you may find helpful.

TTC #1 --- BFP #1 5/15, loss at 5 weeks --- BFP #2 12/15, loss at 4+3 --- RE testing 3/16 normal, still trying for our rainbow    

• This same thing happened to me today. My DH and I went in for an ultrasound only to find a large yolk sac with no baby (I'm 8 weeks). The doctor told me to prepare for a miscarriage. My options are; natural miscarriage, take a pill to get things moving, or opt to have a d&c. She said it could take up to 2 weeks to naturally miscarry.
    Does anyone have advice on a "better" option.
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi knottie ... It's really horrible isn't it ... I think I'm in denial & hoping next week that I will get a better answer as I read that this does happen but really I know it won't
  • JMaganaJMagana member
    edited July 2015
    I just went through this on the 8th of July too I just had a ultrasound showing my little peanut on the 2nd of july and 6days later i was bleeding and something didnt feel right I went to the Dr the same day and they did another scan and said I would miscarry soon. I continued to bleed and several hours later my body passed the sac it was horrible because you can see it the color and the little vains of the sac it was devastating. Im so sorry for your loss give yourself time to grieve you and your baby deserve it best wishes♡
  • I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • I just experienced the same thing three weeks from tomorrow...I had been spotting and I had my doctor paged so that I could explain what was going on to him and when I went into the office that day for my ultrasound they told me the same thing. I ended up miscarrying the next day and opted for the natural route instead of the D&C but my husband was in denial he just didn't want to believe what our doctor was saying...he still had hope ;( my heart breaks for you.
  • Are you 100% sure of dates? My first scan showed a yolk sac with no fetal pole, but the next scan showed an embryo. My ending isn't great bc my pg isn't viable, but Ive heard of your situation having positive outcome many times. If it was me I'd get another scan in a week just to make sure.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.