January 2016 Moms

Girl?

do you think this ultrasound looks like it's going to be a girl?

Re: Girl?

• I think the chances are good that it's a girl because the little bitty is horizontal and not vertical. But I'm not an ultrasound tech... I will be wondering the same thing after my scan this week though :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • That's what I thought. My daughter has almost the same ultrasound pic and my sons is different. My hubby just keeps saying I'm seeing what I want to see. Lol
  • Loading the player...
  • put it on ingender.com - they really good at reading ultrasounds - looks girly to me
  • Idk if its a girl but it seems like a cutie pie to me! How many weeks are you?
  • JessHam55JessHam55 member
    edited July 2015
    Ok. I have had two girls so I know what I'm looking for. When you see a girl she will have two white lines where her lady bits are. By this picture you wouldn't be able to see if it's a girl. You have to get an image of between her legs. I'll share my ultrasound pic of my first girl so you can see what I mean. Honestly this looks like it could be a boy. Judging on the little thingy sticking up under his belly. But that could also be a hand. Doesn't look like one though. I'm going to guess its a boy let me know what they say at the gender prediction.
  • My first baby.
  • It might be a foot...
  • Most times yes. It would be an image of between the legs. Little girls have two lines and little boys have what appears to be a turtle. Its ridiculous really, some say it looks like a butterfly. From a profile picture you would be able to tell if it's a boy if there is a "finger" under the belly protruding out.
  • You can't tell from this picture... at all. Even when your child becomes more developed its hard to tell unless the angle is directly on the genitals.
  • aphilli8 said:

Can somebody explain why everybody is posting profile shots when asking about the sex? Wouldn't you need to be able to see the baby's genitalia?

It's called nub theory. Around 13 weeks boys and girls both have a "nub" that looks like male genitalia. The difference is that boy nubs protrude at an upwards angle that is not parallel with the spine, while girl nubs are parallel with spine and point straight out or down. It's actually a much more accurate way to tell than other theories such as Ramzi. And you can tell the "angle of the dangle" in profile shots, not potty shots. Pretty cool and I'm going to see if it works at my 13 wk u/s tomorrow :)

• OP- I'm also voting girl :)
  • nysahHnysahH member
    Same question, do you think I'll be having a girl?
  • nysahHnysahH member
    JessHam55 said:

Most times yes. It would be an image of between the legs. Little girls have two lines and little boys have what appears to be a turtle. Its ridiculous really, some say it looks like a butterfly. From a profile picture you would be able to tell if it's a boy if there is a "finger" under the belly protruding out.

What do u think ?
  • Last poster yes looks like a girl too :)
  • nysahHnysahH member
    monie2323 said:

Girl?

Maybe boy
  • I don't want you to take what I say as fact but that is either a foot or a mr.winkie...
  • Hahaha I can't tell either
  • nysahH said:

monie2323 said:

Girl?

Maybe boy
    I'm also thinking boy.
  • Looks like a girl my ultra sound tech said 3 lines is what they looking for
  • Please do mine! Anatomy scan isn't until September 1... This is at 13 weeks and 2 days...
  • priteix1priteix1 member
    edited July 2015
    @monie2323 First pic looks like a boy