February 2016 Moms

Help

hi
This is my first post here. I am 8 weeks pregnant and for the last two days I have had a dull ache in the left hand side of my pelvis. I have had no bleeding. I thought it may be growing pains but it has been constant for two days?
Should I contact the GP?

Re: Help

• If you feel uncomfortable or concerned, yes you should contact your OB. I had similar pain to that before and they told me it could be RLP or a cyst. Hope everything is okay!

• If it doesn't go away with rest, water , or gentle stretching I'd call.
  • Loading the player...
  • Sounds like what they call "round ligament pain." So, yes, growing pains. I felt the same thing on my right side with this pregnancy and on my left with the last. As long as the pain doesn't get worse, I wouldn't worry. But, like everyone else said, call the doctor if you're really concerned.
  • Thanks all! I have contacted the doctor who confirmed that it is ligament pain. Thanks again....will definately be more active on these forums now! You all really helped
  • RRC216RRC216 member
    My first thought is round ligament pain. You can feel it in the groin area. I did all day 4th of July! Plus drinking lots of water helps!! 

Mommy to my Angel baby Domenico Anjelo M/C 11 weeks 12/20/2014
    C/P 4/15/2015 5 weeks
    BFP 6/15 /15 Due: 2/25/16

• RRC216RRC216 member
    Just realized you said the doctor answered! lol Nevermind!

Mommy to my Angel baby Domenico Anjelo M/C 11 weeks 12/20/2014
    C/P 4/15/2015 5 weeks
    BFP 6/15 /15 Due: 2/25/16

• Glad your docs confirmed a lot of these ladies suspicions. Hoping you are feeling better :)