Baby Names

Middle Name for Kiera

mollynapmollynap member
edited July 2015 in Baby Names
Currently I love the name Kiera for our little girl. We are both Irish and she will have a pretty common Irish last name. I also love it means "dark one." My SO is completely sold yet... He is worried people won't know how to pronounce it. Either way, I think we are narrowed down to three possible middle names. Colleen was his pick for first name but I prefer it more as a middle name. I love Rose because my mom's name is Rosemary but worry that it's become too common of a middle name. Our third pick is Jean after his grandmother named Regina but went by Jean. Thoughts?

Middle Name for Kiera 74 votes

Kiera Colleen
5% 4 votes
Kiera Rose
48% 36 votes
Kiera Jean
45% 34 votes

Re: Middle Name for Kiera

• How do you intend to pronounce it?
  • Keer-uh. Like Keira Knightly but spelled the more traditional way. The original spelling is Ciara but I believe it would be very difficult to get the correct pronunciation if we spelled it that way. @CaboBride2015
  • Loading the player...
  • LNic5LNic5 member
    I like Kiera Rose
  • groovylocksgroovylocks member
    edited July 2015
    Not to bash the spelling. It's ok. But the traditional spelling is Ciara. The slightly less traditional spelling is Kira. 

Kiera and Keira are modernized and not traditional as far as i'm aware. Somebody correct me on that if i'm wrong. I'm not irish. 
  • My sister's name is Kira. You're right that Ciara will be constantly mispronounced. Kiera will be mispronounced less often. Spelled Kira, it's never mispronounced.

I love the MN Rose!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• JFly27JFly27 member
    Kiera is one of my favorite girl names but I'm struggling with which way to spell it. I'm leaning toward Keira and like Keira Nicole, Keira Anastasia (I also have a very Irish last name). My second favorite girl name is Scarlett Rose. However I voted for Jean for you. Good luck naming! It's so hard, one could go crazy.
  • JFly27 said:
    Kiera is one of my favorite girl names but I'm struggling with which way to spell it. I'm leaning toward Keira and like Keira Nicole, Keira Anastasia (I also have a very Irish last name). My second favorite girl name is Scarlett Rose. However I voted for Jean for you. Good luck naming! It's so hard, one could go crazy.
    Go with Kiera. 

Keira Knightley has commented that her name was spelled wrong and that it is an annoyance. 
  • Kira Rosemary is probably how I would go in your situation.

EDD for #1: 3/19/17
  • mollynapmollynap member
    edited July 2015
    @MixedBerries88 My SO's last name ends in Y so I think any first or middle name ending in Y won't flow nicely. Otherwise, I would.

Also, I looked up Kira on name berry and the name has a Russian origin and I would like to stick to Irish spelling if I can. @spoonleg
  • megewymegewy member
    Voted for Jean but it was a tough pick between Jean and Rose. Love them both with Kiera.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Kiera Rose is beautiful.
  • I like Kiera Jean. If you spelled it Kira I might have thought "kye-ruh"
    CafeMom Tickers

• megewymegewy member
    anorthro said:

I like Kiera Jean. If you spelled it Kira I might have thought "kye-ruh"

Same here for Kira - Kye-ruh
    BabyFruit Ticker