Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Hey Y'all!

I was a lurker for a bit, but now I can post my own threads and replies! Super excited! I'm a big kid now!
My name is Kaneesha, and I'm currently suffering from "I wish I didn't make that username" syndrome.
I'm totally new to all things pregnancy, not necessarily babies because I have three younger siblings and I'm a nanny. ^_^
Just wanted to say "Hello," and if you've been active on the AMA Postpartum board, I've definitely gotten to know a few of you ladies! :-O

I'm currently TTC and I believe I'm at a successful 2WW point.

I was on Viorele for a gooooooood few months before TTC. I started last Spetember.
My boyfriend and I are very familiar, this summer marks 9 years of our friendship, not even us dating, so we're very comfortable with unprotected sex.
We took a trip to SC for Memorial Day Weekend, and since we were staying at his parents' we weren't allowed to sleep in the same room (5/22-26). My AF conveniently lasted (5/21-27).
Once we returned home, we had sex like crazy from the 28th forward. Even though I was on BC, I had the craziest pregnancy symptoms for about two weeks before my last AF (6/16) probably starting around the 3rd, so I stopped taking my birth control on (6/11). I'd never had PMS symptoms like that before, and I fell victim to symptom checking.
When my last AF started, I figured it was IB and we were super excited, and super bummed once it got heavier. I took 3 PT during that time. I have one Clear Blue Digital with the weeks predictor left. \:D/ We weren't TTC then, but it was so joyous that we decided to.

After AF came, I logged it in P.D. (Period Diary, a smartphone app). It being my first cycle recorded in the app, I'm not sure if they calculated my O date correctly (6/27).
We had sex 6/20-24, 26, 28, and 30. This past Monday (6/29) I started spotting it was just bright pink on tissue, Tuesday (6/30) it got a bit heavier after intercourse and was bright red. I didn't want to get my hopes up again, so I used tampons later in the day for fear of a heavier flow, but neither of them (there were only 2) were that full at all. Wednesday (7/1), I didn't bleed that much either, and now I'm not bleeding at all. I even slept later into the day to make sure I wouldn't end up bleeding a few hours down the road. I've heard of ovulation bleeding, but even off of BC, that's not a part of my individual cycle. I figured it was AF because of the lack of BC. It seemed as though my cycle was probably getting itself right again. But now I'm thinking that it could be IB! I don't want to get my hopes up, even though the few day bleeding stint pretty much did that on it's own. Now I just have to wait until around the P.D. predicted (7/14) for a potential AF.

Thankfully I won't drive myself too crazy waiting, because the Surviving the 2WW board doesn't help too much. I-)

What do you ladies think? What indicated you to start your 2WW?

Re: Hey Y'all!

• Options
    Well, TMI alert, but I carried the laptop with me to the bathroom because I had to poo, and there was a lone small streak of blood in my panties like I'm spotting off, so hopefully there will be no action like that down there past today. Fingers crossed! [-O<
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

That was so much information, I don't know what to do.....

I tried to chunk it as well as possible. It would have been way less if I didn't have to wait the days to post lol. I've been retaining this information! Sorry. :(
  • Options
    dixie7701 said:

Haha I don't know how to take the gif exactly, but I'm sure it's another indication of information overload. It's definitely something to be read slow lol.
  • Options
    dixie7701 said:

Ok, first things first. You are just coming off of BC so your cycles are going to take a bit to regulate. What you are experiencing sounds like spotting to me. This is common the first few cycles coming off of BC. 

Truly the only way to know if you're pregnant is to take a test.

Most of us here use Fertility Friend (phone app) to chart our cycles. We always recommend reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. It will help you understand your body and how your monthly cycles work. We know when our TWW begins based on our ovulation date. The only way to verify your ovulation date for sure is to monitor your temperature throughout your cycle.

ETA: We also do not symptom spot around here. It almost always leads to disappointment and we don't particularly care for that kind of thing. :)

Yeah! That's why I was disappointed the first time, and am trying to just think of it as spotting now. I have seen all of the recommendations, guess I was just too excited.
  • Options
    @lalala2004 yeah, I saw those things while lurking... I just got excited and jumped the gun. I'm sure it's nothing big at all, so I'll be closing and deleting the post soon
  • Options
    No need to delete. Someone else may find the post helpful. You'll probably see info on that in the newbie thread, as well. 

• Options
    @AshleyD917 I didn't even know there was a newbie thread. Lol. I should have due to common sense (duh) but I didn't even think to check. I just jumped straight into this one... Reading the pinned posts above, of course, but yeah! I even found out how to change my user name lol

Thanks for not making me feel TOO noob-ish, guys. :-\"
  • Options
    I think every single one of us has been in your symptom spotting shoes and learned the lesson the hard way! Onward and upward! Welcome to our little world of crazy.

#meangirls #dfdubclub

imageimage

• Options
    You're taking this like a champ and welcome!! Everyone here is very supportive and you will learn a great deal of knowledge!
    DS Maxwell - 08/25/2009
    Wedded Bliss - 05/19/15
    MC - 05/15/15 & 7/29/15 & 11/25/15 (You were wished for, hoped for and loved)
    BFP#4; EDD 10/21/16 - Praying for a miracle.

• Options
    OP way not to get BSC, I like you. And welcome!

DD1 born 11/2014

DD2 born 6/2016

• Options

I was a lurker for a bit, but now I can post my own threads and replies! Super excited! I'm a big kid now!

My name is Kaneesha, and I'm currently suffering from "I wish I didn't make that username" syndrome.
    I'm totally new to all things pregnancy, not necessarily babies because I have three younger siblings and I'm a nanny. ^_^
    Just wanted to say "Hello," and if you've been active on the AMA Postpartum board, I've definitely gotten to know a few of you ladies! :-O

I'm currently TTC and I believe I'm at a successful 2WW point.

I was on Viorele for a gooooooood few months before TTC. I started last Spetember.
    My boyfriend and I are very familiar, this summer marks 9 years of our friendship, not even us dating, so we're very comfortable with unprotected sex.
    We took a trip to SC for Memorial Day Weekend, and since we were staying at his parents' we weren't allowed to sleep in the same room (5/22-26). My AF conveniently lasted (5/21-27).
    Once we returned home, we had sex like crazy from the 28th forward. Even though I was on BC, I had the craziest pregnancy symptoms for about two weeks before my last AF (6/16) probably starting around the 3rd, so I stopped taking my birth control on (6/11). I'd never had PMS symptoms like that before, and I fell victim to symptom checking.
    When my last AF started, I figured it was IB and we were super excited, and super bummed once it got heavier. I took 3 PT during that time. I have one Clear Blue Digital with the weeks predictor left. \:D/ We weren't TTC then, but it was so joyous that we decided to.

After AF came, I logged it in P.D. (Period Diary, a smartphone app). It being my first cycle recorded in the app, I'm not sure if they calculated my O date correctly (6/27).
    We had sex 6/20-24, 26, 28, and 30. This past Monday (6/29) I started spotting it was just bright pink on tissue, Tuesday (6/30) it got a bit heavier after intercourse and was bright red. I didn't want to get my hopes up again, so I used tampons later in the day for fear of a heavier flow, but neither of them (there were only 2) were that full at all. Wednesday (7/1), I didn't bleed that much either, and now I'm not bleeding at all. I even slept later into the day to make sure I wouldn't end up bleeding a few hours down the road. I've heard of ovulation bleeding, but even off of BC, that's not a part of my individual cycle. I figured it was AF because of the lack of BC. It seemed as though my cycle was probably getting itself right again. But now I'm thinking that it could be IB! I don't want to get my hopes up, even though the few day bleeding stint pretty much did that on it's own. Now I just have to wait until around the P.D. predicted (7/14) for a potential AF.

Thankfully I won't drive myself too crazy waiting, because the Surviving the 2WW board doesn't help too much. I-)

What do you ladies think? What indicated you to start your 2WW?
    Welcome! Lurk and stick around.