October 2015 Moms

I was born a super preemie....over reacting about my son?

Hello everyone! Opinions please.... I was supposed to be born in October also but was born in August at 1 pound 14 oz in 1983......when it was much harder for preemies like me.... My pregnancy is going textbook so I can't complain about that..... But I am wondering if it's silly to have our bags packed in August just In case? My doctor said that just because I was so early doesn't mean our son will be. Chances are slim at best and I've had zero issues this far..... Just wanted your thoughts on if I'm being paranoid or what...... Thanks!! :) WWYD.....

Re: I was born a super preemie....over reacting about my son?

• If everything is going good so far and the doctor has not concerns then I don't see a need for it to be done that early...unless it makes you feel better.

I will probably have our bags ready to go in August simply because I go back to work the 17th and doubt I'll feel up to doing much after reaching a class full of 2nd graders for 7.5 hours. Plus dd1 was 10 days early (I was already packed and ready for her too as she was a September baby) and sometime second children come sooner and faster than the first.
  • If it makes you feel better, do it. It doesn't hurt anything to be prepared, although chances are low that you'll need it that early.
  • Loading the player...
  • I already have mine packed! My outlook is if I have it ready to go, I won't need it. If I don't have it, I'll need it. It's a comfort thing for me.
  • I came 6 weeks early, and am having the same panicked feelings. I found several articles that show premature birth is more likely if you came early, but it is still not above 20% or so.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• I was born at 26 weeks, I'm like you, worried. I haven't packed my bags but I did get the nursery done, well 90% done. I totally feel your worries.
  • If it makes you feel better, pack! Extra worries are not needed for you!
  • I was not a micro preemie, but I was a preemie. My first dd was born three days after her EDD and my second dd was born one day before her EDD. Hoping your babies will all stay in and cook to term :). If it eases your anxiety, then you should absolutely have your bags packed. Can't hurt anyway :)