December 2015 Moms

Job interview for medical office!

It was so out of the blue...but I got a call for an interview for a medical receptionist position at an eye physicians medical group! I'm super excited because this is a chance for me to get my foot in the door in the medical field, and it's much closer to my house. But now I'm stressing about the pregnancy and being turned down. I'm already showing so keeping it a secret isn't really an option =\ any advice? I have a medical assistant certificate and I've been state certified, but I've been out of school for 2 years and I'm worried I'll just fail epically because I have no idea what kind of questions they might ask. I've never had an interview for a medical receptionist job before, I'm crossing my fingers I do well. I really want to work for someone who's willing to teach and give the experience needed since most places expect previous experience in the medical field or similar.

Re: Job interview for medical office!

• paoclepaocle member
    Whatever u just wrote is what u need to say! Keep it possitive, say that u will work hard. And good luck. I changed jobs with my first pregnancy and it was fine... Not many people have ur expertise. Be possitive!
  • Anytime I go for an interview I try to research possible questions. That way, if they ask you already know what you are going to say. Stay positive and good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Having a can-do and positive attitude is the first thing I look for when we interview. Come up with one or two questions to ask them about the practice, and show that you're interested. Good luck!
  • taysuntaysun member
    My advice would be the same as the other ladies, however if you are noticeably pregnant you may want to be up front about. You are under no obligation to say anything but if you go in willing to discuss it you can ask about maternity leave and find out what their benefits are in regards to your pregnancy and child. They may also appreciate you telling them if you do feel comfortable telling them. Many employers are thrilled to hear about pregnancies.
    I would say go with both options (to tell, not to tell) ready and if you feel comfortable, let them know!
  • Thank you for all the advice! I feel like I want to say something when I'm at the interview for a couple reasons. One being that I feel guilty not saying anything and am a horrible liar lol and second, because honestly, I need this job so I can finally get my career started and provide a good future for my baby. My goal was so either find a medical job before the baby or after the baby because that's my main priority right now, providing for my family.
  • I am on the job search too. I am showing as well. Legally they cannot ask you during the interview. I would wear flattering professional clothes and not mention it until they actually offer you the job. I was told if you go in there and just flat out say I want this/need this job but i'm pregnant that could hurt you. Good luck! If you find out any tips please let me know. I am looking for the same type of job you are.