December 2015 Moms

Allergies? Pregnancy symptoms? Help!

I have been sneezing nonstop for the past few days. I literally sneezed 10 times in the last minute! During the daytime, my nose is runny and all I do is sneeze. During the nighttime, my nose stuffs up and I can only breathe out of one nostril. Also (this may be unrelated) all this sneezing makes the roof of my mouth feel itchy and I catch myself running my tongue against it trying to itch it. I don't know if it's pregnancy symptoms or allergies or both. But I would definitely like some advice on some home remedies and ways to relieve symptoms? (I'm trying to avoid taking medication until it is absolutely crucial so I would like to try some alternatives first)
Also, is anyone else experiencing this? I'm 15 weeks, 4 days and I've read about the walls of your nasal passages changing and such.

Re: Allergies? Pregnancy symptoms? Help!

• That sounds like allergies to me. I used to take a daily allergy pill, but quit as soon as I found out I was pregnant. I know you can take Benadryl, but I don't want to take it either. I've just been suffering as silently as possible, but I wake up so many time at night because of my nose being plugged. 
  • @KatherineAimee I've heard the same for Benadryl but I really would like to avoid all medications unless I absolutely need them (required by a doctor) so I was thinking that silently suffering might be my only option if nothing works. Thanks! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I've taken both claratin and zyrtec while pregnant for allergies (this time has been required for more severe reactions as well as other meds). They're class b and considered safe. I understand wanting to forego them and stay on the safe side, I just just wanted to put that out there.

All that said; vapor rub, saline spray, nettle pots, even a humidifier can all be useful. Sometimes for my sinuses I steep peppermint tea or some other herbal teas depending o what i have on hand and just hold it up and breath in the steam.