1st Trimester

Period vs implantation cramps?

Sooo for those who have felt both, is there ANY difference in the feeling, timing, duration, etc? Or does a "pregnancy cramp" pretty much feel almost identical to a period cramp?

Re: Period vs implantation cramps?

• Pretty much the same in my case.

• @g8trkim, do you remember around when you felt the cramping? Was it around when your period was due or before/after?
  • Loading the player...
  • This is my 4th pregnancy (2 mc) and it always seems like I am about to get my period (symptoms are identical) but then it doesn't start. The only difference this time I had implantation bleeding about 4days before my period was due that included cramping and back pain.
  • Well pregnancy cramps are different, those can last for weeks during your first trimester. Unfortunately every early pregnancy symptom besides a positive test is the same as a pms symptom. You will just have to test and see.
  • @yeahbaby2016, good to know! I had light bleeding a couple of days ago and nothing since. Not to give TMI, but the only reason I even saw the blood was because after we had sex, when I went to the bathroom afterwards and his "stuff" came out, it had a pink tint to it. It came out a little more throughout that morning, but nothing since. I started having some very mild and inconsistent cramping today. Just really trying to stay positive. It gets more difficult when those pains come since I had some losses last year, but I'm thankful every time I get a quick headache or brief nausea. It helps me hold onto the hope that I am pregnant!! :)
  • @g8trkim, do you remember around when you felt the cramping? Was it around when your period was due or before/after?
    Yeah, I think a couple days before. I was really emotional and irritable too. Figured I was getting my period. Also, sore boobs, which is not a normal PMS thing for me but I didn't really put it together until after the fact.