July 2015 Moms
Options

TMI-Diarrhea

edited June 2015 in July 2015 Moms
Have any second time moms experienced diarrhea with the onset of labor, or right before ? Could it be a sign that labor is near?? I have heard this to be true for many people. Its the body's way of clearing itself out to make room for baby, yes? l've been dealing with this most of the day and have no desire to eat anything....

Re: TMI-Diarrhea

• Options
    I too have had diarrhea all day long. I'm 37.3 and read that a lot of woman had it before going into labor. How far along are you?
  • Options
    VTomanVToman member
    I'm a FTM, and I've had diarrhea on and off for the last week or so. My dr said it's probably pregnancy hormones and to stay hydrated. I'm 38 weeks and 2 days.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm 35+4 and have had it for the past couple of days...I've been told that its pretty normal and a reaction to the hormones.

Kate
  • Options
    mfitch9191 said:
    I too have had diarrhea all day long. I'm 37.3 and read that a lot of woman had it before going into labor. How far along are you?

Wow, so it seems this is fairly common in late pregnancy. And not necessarily linked to labor directly, but apparently it CAN BE. Guess we will just have to wait and see, take it day by day. I am 37+6 and woke up today with strong gas pains which lead to severe diarrhea that lasted the whole morning. I also had the chills and thought i felt feverish. This all resulted in some pretty bad Braxton hicks. Have you been checked for dilation at all?

• Options

mfitch9191 said:

Wow, so it seems this is fairly common in late pregnancy. And not
    necessarily linked to labor directly, but apparently it CAN BE. Guess we
    will just have to wait and see, take it day by day. I am 37+6 and woke up today with strong gas pains which lead to severe diarrhea that lasted the whole morning. I also had the chills and thought i felt feverish. This all resulted in some pretty bad Braxton hicks. Have you been checked for dilation at all?

I hope you feel better soon! Sounds like you may have picked up a bug or something. Try to keep hydrated. I got checked last week and had 0 dilation but baby had dropped a little. I have an appt in the morning to check again.
    have you been checked?
  • Options
    I had diarrhea on Saturday (37.5 weeks). So far no labor, but I think baby is dropping. Today I have a headache. Not sure if that means anything or just a normal headache.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Do you think its most likely a stomach bug? I thought it was gone but just came back after i tried some dinner. I haven't wanted to eat anything i've just been making myself. I am dilated to 2 cms and get checked again on Thurs. And my baby has yet to drop!

mfitch9191 said:

Wow, so it seems this is fairly common in late pregnancy. And not
    necessarily linked to labor directly, but apparently it CAN BE. Guess we
    will just have to wait and see, take it day by day. I am 37+6 and woke up today with strong gas pains which lead to severe diarrhea that lasted the whole morning. I also had the chills and thought i felt feverish. This all resulted in some pretty bad Braxton hicks. Have you been checked for dilation at all?

I hope you feel better soon! Sounds like you may have picked up a bug or something. Try to keep hydrated. I got checked last week and had 0 dilation but baby had dropped a little. I have an appt in the morning to check again.
    have you been checked?

• Options
    38+2 and same thing here. Having it for a few days now! Hopefully it doesn't mean labor is near1
  • Options
    I'm 38w5d, and have also been having some diarrhea for the past 2 days, so I think it just comes with the territory. (I read online that it's, in part, the body's way of clearing out some extra space so the baby can more easily exit but who knows! Lol)

One of our nurses told us to be on the look out particularly if diarrhea is accompanied by vomiting as that is a sign of labor.

I know Ive definitely been analyzing everything that happens bodily as a possible sign that she is on her way...*sigh* So, here is to hoping (and second guessing every gas bubble, BH, and urgent need to pee as a "maybe this time..." moment, haha)
  • Options
    39 weeks here, have had sort of diharrea for couple of days I'm hoping this is it :D right now I'm eating pineapple haha double or nothing :-bd
  • Options
    This is day 2 of constant diarrhea....my bum is on fire from wiping!! I feel fine other than that. All the dr said today was that it happens in late pregnancy. I hope it goes away soon! :-? :(
  • Options
    2babes3angels2babes3angels member
    edited July 2015
    I'm 35 +6 today & have been dealing with this. It crossed my mind about labor starting, but I'm really praying it's just a bug--I've still got a ways to go til the due date! This is baby #2. Hope everything turns out well for you ladies!