September 2015 Moms

Hormones took a lovely swing at me today. Any advice on coping?

I'll admit, I had a few itty bitty swings through the pregnancy but most of the time I could leash them fairly well. Avoided them affecting a whole ton of things in my life. However seems that this week... they really have started kicking in full force. I've cried at the stupidest triggers all day long - despite having a really good day, which normally buffers me from having the swings... yeah definitely got hit hard.

- Cried about getting the baby kimono I ordered, it matches the one my husband has (a gift from me to him for his birthday some years ago) . Just pictured a mini-version of him in it and it just about broke me instantly.
- Cried about being unable to lift the playpen that arrived. We live in a raised ranch so it's in the house but I can't lift it up the stairs and can't unpack it on the landing. Darn 50lbs playpen!
- Cried about missing my daily chat with my husband. He works in the middle east on a rig on rotation, we arrange for daily chats to make his away time easier for both of us.
- Cried about becoming a mum, hoping I will be what the baby needs and wants. I found this one strange because I have no actual fear of this - pretty confident about becoming a mum.

Coping is going to be fun if I have three months of this that's for sure. 

Any of you found ways to refocus after a swing like that?

Re: Hormones took a lovely swing at me today. Any advice on coping?

• What helps me is to just cry it out (if you are in a situation where you can) for as long as you need to. I find once I get it out of my system I feel much better.
  • Sometimes you just have to cry! On really bad days I treat myself to a special snack or go buy a new outfit for myself!
  • Loading the player...
  • WDDCHWDDCH member
    Awww so sorry you're having an emotional time right now. I agree with PPs - just have a good cry out. Let it all out.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I might let myself cry it out next time, been quite pleased with the lack of hormonal freak outs through this last 28ish weeks but it might do me good to let it vent.

Can't be sane all the time right? :P
  • I sometimes cry in the car on my way home from work. I have a 30 minute commute, so it is usually long enough to get a good cry in and de-puffy face myself by the time I get home. I must look like a hot mess driving down the freeway. Haha. Other than that, sometimes when I just can't stand being at home I take my dog for a long walk. Nobody is allowed to come with me. Taking a shower or a bath is my last resort for a hormonal day. Lock the door, light a lavender candle... Washington is in a drought so I try to avoid wasting the water when I can, but sometimes it has to be done. Good luck, you are not the only one for sure!
  • Aw @jadetree1080 ! Big hugs to you. I suppose the best way is to let it hit me and vent it out, likely better for the mind :P

• I've been crying a LOT too, and think the best thing to do is to just let it out. My husband and I have been at odds for a whole week and every evening bad turned into an open- your- heart- out drag on emotional mess on both ends. I've been dealing with him not being around while dealing with a severe lack of support at work. The only way I have to cope is to just cry is out. I usually try to wait until I get home so my dog is there to comfort me.