Food question — The Bump
November 2015 Moms

Food question

is it okay to eat tuna? I had this tuna pasta dish thing at a party I thought it was chicken until I got really far into eating it and could actually taste the difference.

Anyways, it was so damn good!! I want more right now!! Well if it's okay then I was going to get the recipe and make it for the 4th of July.

Anyone that can let me know if it's okay or not...thank you!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Food question

• My understanding is that it is fine to eat, but no more than once a week.
    modanz1
  • Yep,  As PP said, it's okay in moderation. Whatever you do, do not deny yourself tuna noodle casserole!
    YCSWU 

Cook3133urby87
  • I've allowed myself to some fish past few months. I refer to low Mercury level fishes chart you can find on google. Some weeks I have 2 serving, some weeks I have nothing.
  • ^Agree, ^agree, ^agree.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • urby87urby87 member
    1000 Comments 500 Love Its Second Anniversary 5 Answers
    I've been following these guidelines regarding fish during pregnancy: http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/eating-well/week-28/fish-tale.aspx
  • All of the things PP said, also, canned "light" tuna is lower mercury than white or albacore, so you may be even safer off than you realize.
    PS: Please share the recipe when you get it! I love "tuna pasta dish things".

modanz1
  • I absolutely love seafood and it's what I've been craving, I stay away from the fish my doctor advised but we have crab, shrimp, salmon once a week. My previous OB said canned tuna once a week was fine....