December 2015 Moms

Sex Life ?!

how do you keep your sex life fun and exciting even when your always tired and sore and sick ? I mean I want sex definitely I just don't want to do any work ...

Re: Sex Life ?!

• I told hubby last night that he needs to initiate it if he wants it. But he's not that kind of guy. Soooo.... No sex for us.
  • grkgdss00grkgdss00 member
    edited June 2015
    "fun and exciting" just doesn't describe our sex life anymore. He's lucky if it even happens, ha. Now im in 2nd tri starting to feel somewhat normal again so hoping things pick back up. Shooting for 2x per week :\"> Also, alcohol has always been a fun element with that... so there's that.
  • Loading the player...
  • Lol that's funny because I lost my sex drive for like a month in a half and boy was SO taking it hard. But we recently just did it and I enjoyed it a lot as did he but the extra weight and the lil bump kinda made things difficult for me to put in work because I get tired a lot faster he actually told me "I wish you were in shape more" lol not talking about my bump he loves it and rubs it all the time but he was talking about how tired I get faster. Idk if you don't want to do any work that doesn't seem fun in my opinion no one in sex likes to do all the work.
  • When I don't feel nauseous or tired (a few times a week) I initiate sex! I will say even though I've been sick some, the sex is better than ever!! Sometimes DH initiates and sometimes I do. Play dress up, put on an apron (works every time lol), send a dirty text message, text a sexy picture, talk dirty to your hubby. Not doing any work doesn't seem fun to me. I hope you can find a way that helps. If you have some energy try the apron with thigh highs and high heels! Might be kinda fun lol
  • 14 weeks and none so far. I was really sick first tri and we work opposite shifts. We only occasionally have weekends off together, and the no alcohol (for me anyway) thing probably hasn't helped. Beyond that, we have talked about it and I can tell he is nervous. This is baby #1 and I think he's afraid he'll hurt the baby even though I told him he won't. LOL. Kinda funny. 
  • My SO is deployed. Very unfortunate because I am totally down for some sweet sweet loving!
  • Yea, I was just thinking today maybe I should try something fun like bake some brownies and initiate sex in the kitchen....since most of the time we are both exhausted after work and dont get home until 7:40pm, we end up going straight to sleep sometimes. Things have picked up it has took extra push on my part just because I think since I was really sick during first trimester he didnt get any for a while now his libido is nonexistent. But Im going to try every time I get a surge of energy that comes now that im in second trimester.
  • I wouldn't say it's always fun and exciting. 90% of the time during this pregnancy, it's been during the morning when I'm half asleep and already half naked. DH has learned that's the best timing.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I would say fun and exciting isn't a priority at this point. Hubby is lucky it's happening at all, which it is about 2-3 times per week down from closer to 5 pre-pregnancy... He's initiating almost exclusively, getting turned down about half the time and doesn't seem to have a problem with that.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • So my husband just told me he loves the 2nd trimester. He calls it the golden months.... Cause I'm so tired during the 1st and so big during the 3rd... And apparently during the 2nd I'm a hormone crazed sex fiend. I had no idea really - but he says it's been the same for all my pregnancies. Hilarious.
  • I think that you should definitely keep at it! It's part of a healthy marriage and relationship and you just have to try different ways (positions) so that you're enjoying yourself & not getting exhausted or sick.
  • fioripfiorip member
    Just try different positions where you feel more at ease; maybe wearing sexy (but comfortable, like a nighty) lingerie can also help with your mood to seduce him and let him come to you and do most of the work. It's hard sometimes but you just have to keep at it, it's important to maintain intimacy; in a few months there'll be a third person always around. Good luck!
    I'm 29, husband is 30
    Together since 2006
    Married 01.17.15  <3

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• My sex drive has been crazy this whole pregnancy!! We usually have sex 3x a week! Especially now that I'm less tired. Lately I've been getting the feeling that I want it more than him. But we had to have s talk cause at first he was nervous about hurting me or the baby. Now that he is over that we both will initiate :)
  • cdv2015cdv2015 member
    edited July 2015

When I don't feel nauseous or tired (a few times a week) I initiate sex! I will say even though I've been sick some, the sex is better than ever!! Sometimes DH initiates and sometimes I do. Play dress up, put on an apron (works every time lol), send a dirty text message, text a sexy picture, talk dirty to your hubby. Not doing any work doesn't seem fun to me. I hope you can find a way that helps. If you have some energy try the apron with thigh highs and high heels! Might be kinda fun lol

This!
    I have somehow turned into a 16 year old boy. I think "sexting" with you SO is a fun way to keep things flirty while you're apart. Then, you are more likely to be in the mood when you see each other again.

To PP, you may be out of breath (I get that way, too) because your organs are slowly shifting up and getting crowded. Your lungs can't keep up with all of the "work". This may be TMI, but I have to push DH chest off of mine so I can breathe, or just change positions.
  • I'm on mediation to keep my ms at bay at least until I'm better I mean I'm 13w5d and still dependent on it. I'm horny as hell when I'm not sick though. And usually I'm the one who gets denied. Haha but most of the time I get what I want. Keep in mind my SO is a woman. And everything is very different
  • I was sick for a 9 days with a cold. One day after I started to feel well again, DH pulled a muscle in his back. No action happening at this house until we are both healthy!
  • Hubby is leaving for the Texas State Trooper Academy next weekend, and he said he's too distracted by dreading that... And he's not too fond of having to try new positions since the "normal one" (missionary) isn't very comfortable for me anymore. :(((
    He will only be home on weekends so...... Maybe once he's used to the academy again he will be up for it again. I guess he's dreading it cos it's his 2nd time going - he was injured halfway through last year so has to re-do the whole thing. I'm so horny again, now that 2nd trimester is here! Hopefully we can get back to lovin' soon!!
  • I know it doesn't sound sexy but I honestly have to mentally schedule "quality time!" Then at least I can pick a day I'm feeling good and make sure we start before we get too tired. The key is to reign in your expectations of yourself too and listen to your body. Its ok if you're not up for the whole shabang, sometimes even a little attention will be appreciated by your SO and usually (for me anyway) once I get started, I find I'll get into it anyway!