Home Birth? - Page 2 — The Bump
February 2016 Moms

Home Birth?

2»

Re: Home Birth?

• Look into Samaritan Ministries its like insurance but not and I hear they cover homebirth and midwife expenses.
  • I too have heard some great things about home birth. On the flip side, I had a very normal pregnancy with my first baby. Everything was great until I ended up having to have a C-section. What made it even harder is that he was born with a congenital heart defect (undiagnosed in utero) and severe persistent pulmonary hypertension. He would never have made it had we delivered at home. We were lucky we delivered him at a hospital that specializes in pediatric cardiology as he wouldn't have survived the less than 2 mile transfer from one hospital to another. He was on life support and had open heart surgery when he was just 3 weeks old...he's doing AWESOME now and is a vibrant 22 month old!

I don't want to scare you at all as my situation is very rare. Just know that no matter how normal your pregnancy may be, things can still happen. I think the idea of a home birth is amazing and beautiful but after what I went through with my first, I just can't consider it. I wish you the very best of luck!!!!

DrillSergeantCat