High-Risk Pregnancy

Had baby at 25 weeks.

I was put in the hospital on 6/24 with bleeding. After a few hours of being there I was transported to a hospital with a level 3 NICU. I was put on a bunch of different medications to stop labor but none of it was working properly due to my incompetent cervix. My cerclage however was slowing the dilation process down. I was given doses of steroids for babies lungs and other things to help for the early arrival of him. On the 25th we did an ultra sound and noticed the umbilical cord was between babies head and my dilating cervix so I was then put on complete bed rest. No moving except for bowl movements. Well on the 27th I had another ultra sound because they were going to try to move me to a different ward since my contractions stopped but it was then noticed that they umbilical cord had progressed to being inside my cervix. It was then decided for the safety of baby and not wanting to risk an emergency situation I would have a c-section this morning. I did have one. He is doing amazing for how early he is. We still have a long road ahead and we will continue to pray for him. He was born at 9:19 am weighing 1lb12oz 13 in long. We are now going on 48 hours since he was born and I'm so proud of him. Just need him to continue to be a fighter.

Re: Had baby at 25 weeks.

• Congrats on your little boy!!! Remember to take the NICU one day at a time. My nephew was born at 24w d/t preeclampsia and is now 5yo.
    TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Congratulations! Thinking of your little one over these next few weeks..lots and T's and P's coming your way!
  • Loading the player...
  • Praying for you and your little one during this time! :)
    ------------ http://ourangelsandrainbows.blogspot.com/ image † "Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward." -Psalm 127:3 †
  • KutiePebblesKutiePebbles member
    edited June 2015
    Congratulations and welcome to the world little warrior! I am a mom of a 29 wker who had an almost 11 wk nicu stay + 1 surgery. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Feel free to ask questions or if you just need a chat buddy, I'd be more than happy to lend an ear.
  • Praying that he continues to do well!
  • Congratulations! Sending thoughts and prayers your way!
    Me: 35 DH: 35 - Married 10 years
    PCOS and MF

Two failed rounds IUI in 2010
    IVF #1 in 2011 - BFP 8/5/11 - Our IVF miracle was born 4/8/12
    FET 9/23/13; BFP -Twins-10/3/13; EDD 6/10/14; MC 11/1/13; D&C 11/4/13
    FET 3/28/14; BFN - 4/7/14
    IVF #2 - Transfer 2 embryos 11/14/14; BFP 11/24/14 - Beta 265;
    11/26/14 - Beta 612; 11/28/14 - Beta 1263; 12/1/14 - Beta 3571;
    12/3/14 - first u/s - two gestational sacs; 12/17/14 - two healthy heartbeats (132 and 134)
    Our IVF miracles were born 7/16/15

• @gnbrown3711 Congratulations my dear! Thank God you and the baby are both safe. I also just gave birth last Saturday via emergency csection due to short cervix and my water bag broke. Our baby girl who is just 28 weeks is 2.25lbs and 15 inches. She's in the NICU for 4 days now and every is well. She is also a fighter like your baby. We are lucky to be moms of little angel warriors :) I was discharged from hospital today and it was so hard to leave the hospital as I already miss her and couldn't stop crying but at least they gave me a number to call the NICU nurse in charge of her care and I can ask for updates on her status. I will visit her everyday for a few hours but will also give myself time to heal as she needs me to be stable and to care for her down the road. We have a long way to go my dear but with prayers and faith that God will help our babies and us get through this, we can make it. :)
  • I hope you and your baby are doing good! It is going to be a long hard road for us. I wish you nothing but the best for you and your new baby! And congrats!!!
  • Congratulations and prayers.
  • Hey GB I have this app too. It's Michelle lol
  • Congratulations! How is he doing?
  • Happy to see and hear the progress. Your little fighter is doing so great and you seem to be staying so strong and positive. I wish you both the best and that he continues to improve each day until you finally can take your LO home :)
  • So happy to hear he's doing great!!! Enjoy your little miracle
  • I hope your little man is continuing to do well :)! He is precious :).
  • WyardNo6WyardNo6 member
    edited August 2015
    So glad he's doing so well I've had 3 prem girls & 1 angel boy. 27 weeks just under 2lb, 26 weeks 1lb 5oz, my baby angel born asleep at 23+6 weeks & 26 weeks 1lb 6oz. They are all doing very well my eldest is going to uni next month studying human biology & wants to be a Dr. My 15 yr old is doing her GCSE's & my 10 yr old whom we were told would probably have cerebral palsy, never walk, talk & have sight & hearing problems due to X2 grade v bleeds on the brain. She also had sepsis & heart failure due to a PDA. Guess what........ She's totally fine & does gymnastics now. So take each day at a time, it's a very difficult roller coaster ride for sure but slow & steady wins the race. I'm currently 20 weeks & have placenta previa with heavy bleeding so I'm on bedrest desperately hoping I won't have another prem baby. I have everything crossed for us both xox