July 2015 Moms

Membranes

getting the membranes stripped in two days ... Is it worth it ?! Will it work ? Over 39 weeks and I'm in so much pain

Re: Membranes

• ambahambah member
    I had mine done with my first at 39w 5d....she was born 2 days later on her due date.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Had mine fine at 39w 5d with my first. Water broke that night, and delivered the next day.
    But, if your body or baby isn't ready it'll just be uncomfortable. I'm not getting it this time (just 38w today). Hopefully I'm not eating those words a week from now.
  • Loading the player...
  • It may or may not work. I had it done twice with my first and it never worked. I had it done with my second and I had a baby 2 days later. I will be asking for it to be done at my 38 week appointment (will be almost 39 weeks) if the full moon on Thursday doesn't help.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • VTomanVToman member
    My dr gave me the option to sweep the membranes next week at my 39 week appt. I'm still thinking about it.... I'm 3cm, 80% effaced. So, she said it's a good chance it would work. But, she also said it doesn't always work.... so, I'm still thinking about it.