Rant/rave/symptoms: 

Questions for the Group: 

GTKY: Tell us about your TTC journey:

Re: Tuesday Baby and GTKY

• Options
    ACleanLife24ACleanLife24 member
    edited June 2015
    Trimester/week: 1/5+1

What's new with baby (size, development): We got a heart beat (still waiting to hear it on ultrasound though)

Whats something new you are doing to get ready for baby: Drawing scale plans of room and rearranging furniture on paper

Rant/rave/symptoms: No dramatic ones other than my back killing me.. but that is par for the course.. FX

Questions for the Group: 

Tell us about your TTC journey: 15 months with BBT, OPK etc... DH was about to do a SA within the next weeks when we got our BFP.  I had a really bad auto immune flare shortly after we started trying.  It was so bad I ended up off work for a few months bc I slept 16hours+ day and felt like I had been in the boxing ring with Ali.  I took time to take care of myself medication, medititaion, diet etc and am not 100% but in a much better place dramatically then I was 9 months ago.  Here is hoping to a healthy 9 months ahead!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    J234J234 member
    Trimester/week:  4 weeks, 4 days

What's new with baby (size, development):  ... it's still in there!  : D

Whats something new you are doing to get ready for baby: making a secret wishlist of some items we'll need for a second baby.  DH and I have resumed the name discussion.  :D

Rant/rave/symptoms: Nauseous!  

Questions for the Group: What are you doing for exercise?  
    My doctor said no high impact anything and restricted core, but whatever I was doing before was ok (all of that!)  So I've been trying to read up on what's ok for pregnancy.  

GTKY: Tell us about your TTC journey:  It's been driven by my 3yo begging for a little sibling.  We've been taking the "if it happens, it happens" road.  I had a mc last fall at 10 weeks and one before my 3yo at 8weeks.  I'm so glad for this group because we are not telling ANYONE (oops, except my trainer and one friend by accident) because of our loss last time.  
  • Options
    @J234 I am glad we aren't the only ones discussing baby names :) We have already decided which ones we like but our friends just named their baby one off of our very short list. We are now debating if we should choose a different name or if because they live in a different area it is ok :)
    imageimageimage
    LFAF September Siggy Challenge

• Options
    Trimester/week: 1/3+6

What's new with baby (size, development): Poppyseed. And he's still in there!

Whats something new you are doing to get ready for baby: I made the first Dr apt yesterday. Last night DH was all finances. I just wanted to sleep.

Rant/rave/symptoms: I've had a crampy feeling in my left side for two days now. I'm sure it's just him squeezing into my uterine wall. It doesn't hurt, just noticeable. It's ok. I hope he latches on good :)

Questions for the Group: nothing yet..

We started TTC right after we went to Disney world in March. I was already past my fertile time and didn't know it then. AF showed within a week. So I don't count that month as trying really. In April and May we just used my period app for when it was telling me I was fertile. Well.. It was wrong! I started charting and using OPKs in June. That was all it took. Actually knowing when I O'd. It probably helped that we were on vacation during my entire fertile week too. All I could think about was the sun and babies haha. When we got a BFP two days ago we were stunned. Still are actually.
    The bump taught me so much!
    Me: 27 DH: 30
    NTNP: 1/2015
    TTC: 4/2015

• Options
    Trimester/week: week 5 day 1

What's new with baby (size, development): Appleseed

Whats something new you are doing to get ready for baby: trying to stay stress free, thinking about items to register for and makin baby room plans (I don't feel comfortable making it official until I see my dr.).

Rant/rave/symptoms: I'm so excited to be expecting my first but so nervous at the same time. My husband and I never dreamed I would get pregnant so quickly. My breasts and nipples have been sore for about a week and a half, I had my first food aversion at a restaurant 2!days ago, I've had minor nausea but no vomiting. I have also had some cramping that comes and goes. It only lasts about 10-30 seconds at a time.

Questions for the Group: Has anyone else experienced the cramping mentioned above? It's the only symptom that really makes me worry. I don't have any bleeding or anything else unusual, but the cramps can sometimes be pretty strong. They come on usually after I stand up, and don't last very long.

I have been married about a year and a half. My husband and I wanted to wait at least a year, and we wanted to plan around my schedule (I am a teacher). We wanted to TTC ideally between May and September to maximize my time off with baby. We officially started trying in May, and got a positive test in June. I always assumed it would take a while due to some other health concerns (hypothyroidism, overweight, issues wth my cycle from a young age). I am so excited and very hopeful that it will be a healthy pregnancy.
  • Options
    Trimester/week: 1/4+1

What's new with baby (size, development): It's an embryo now!

Whats something new you are doing to get ready for baby: Canceled my dental appt for tomorrow (replacing a couple new fillings)

Rant/rave/symptoms: No symptoms yet other than fatigue.

Questions for the Group: What are you reading right now? I'm reading Expecting Better.

GTKY: Tell us about your TTC journey: I was diagnosed with endometriosis in August. As a result, DH and I decided to move up our timeline from January 2016 to May 2015 knowing we may be unsuccessful on our own. We ended up getting pregnant on our second cycle. We are both surprised and ecstatic!
  • Options

@J234 - I have been trying to walk at least 4 miles a day (not always all at once!) and I do body pump (weights) 3 times a week.  I was told this was find as long as I did it before I got pregnant.  I would stay away from any impact exercise and definitely take breaks when your body tells you too.

Trimester/week: 4w5d

What's new with baby (size, development): Still in there!

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby: Trying to hold myself back from buying a million things right now!

Rant/rave/symptoms: Nothing, just a little bit of cramping.

Questions for the Group: 

GTKY: Tell us about your TTC journey: We started 13 months ago and in March I went to my doctor as I was having really long cycles and several non-ovulatory cycles.  She determined my progesterone was really low and I had to cut back substantially in exercising.  I had a half marathon in April so I decided I would wait until after that to cut back.  After I cut back, it only took two cycles to get the BFP.  We are beyond excited!!

Me: 30   DH: 33

TTC #1 since June 2014

Baby #1 coming March 2016

My Chart

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @AuntBB22 I'm taking DH to Disney for the first time in September. At this rate that trip is going to be a LOT different than I had first thought!
    imageimageimage

• Options
    @drewandbri09 I experience the cramping. It feels kind of like fullness, or bloating but down in the uterine area versus my colon or stomach. I think it's mainly on my left side.
  • Options
    Trimester/week: 4w4d

What's new with baby (size, development): poppyseed

Whats something new you are doing to get ready for baby: just trying to eat healthy and drink more water

Rant/rave/symptoms: I am beyond exhausted

Questions for the Group: 

GTKY: Tell us about your TTC journey: I was very surprised at how fast it happened.  I stopped my BCP on 5/1 and got a BFP on 6/23.. still in a little bit of shock
    Pregnancy%20ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @kristieA I am also taking my BF to Disney for the first time in October :D
    Pregnancy%20ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Trimester/week: 4 weeks. So super early still

What's new with baby (size, development):
    Not much yet

Whats something new you are doing to get ready for baby: I think I'll probably be much more relaxed with #2. Hubby talked about getting room ready and I laughed. Baby won't really need a room till 6 months after. Our daughter was in our room at least that long. No reason to get rid of our guest room yet!

Rant/rave/symptoms: the norm. Queazy and kinda tired. Oh and low back ache after wrestling with getting a damn car seat out of MIL's car.

Questions for the Group: no questions yet.

I have Thin PCOS and After TTC for 2 yrs and a yr of acupuncture. We were going to do a round of IUI when I got my surprise BFP. Thats how I got my nov13 babe.

Finally stopped nursing in Jan and so my cycle finally returned I was a little worried we were going to need help this time. I am getting older (almost 35) and didn't want to wait around for two more years. Well surprise surprise. BFP this month. Super excited and looking forward to being pregnant again (ok not so much on the Queazy part...)
  • Options
    @KristieA it will be different! The good thing about Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom is a lot of the "rides" are for really little kids and it's no problem to ride while pregnant. They're no different that riding in a car. My SIL went two summers ago while 5 mo pregnant with my nephew to take her two girls. They still had a really good time. Disney will really make you ready for the babies to come! I know it did for us!

• Options
    @Kristin712 my cramping is on my left side too. I feel better knowing others are experiencing this!

• Options
    Trimester/week: 1/4w4d

What's new with baby (size, development): It's really tiny.

Whats something new you are doing to get ready for baby: Other than no more alcohol and reducing caffeine? Nothing.

Rant/rave/symptoms: Symptoms: tender breasts, mild cramping on and off, fatigue. 

Questions for the Group: Nope. :)

GTKY: Tell us about your TTC journey: I had my Mirena removed on 3/31. TTA for the remainder of that cycle and the next one. Come May 29, we were officially TTC #2. I charted, checked cervical mucus, and used OPKs, just as we did with DS. I was surprised with ovulation a week earlier than I expected, so our timing was merely "good." Apparently that's all it took.  
  • Options
    @auntbb22 @drewandbri09 (AND ANYONE CRAMPING).. you ladies need to get on the hot water bottle train.  I am sure @kjknaj and @KristieA know what I am talking about... may as well pick yourself up an electric kettle too
    https://www.amazon.com/Premium-Classic-Transparent-Bottle-Snowflake/dp/B00OY2RHIS/ref=sr_1_12/178-5838790-5927413?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1435673259&sr=1-12

@kristin712 I started reading Happiest Baby on the Block but DH took it to Sicily to read on the plane so he can give me the DL.  Just got the one you suggested (have I ever mentioned I have an amazon prime addiction?
  • Options
    Oh yes and microwaveable snuggle toys and hot baths. And don't worry my uterus feels like it may explode too. :)
    imageimageimage

• Options
    Trimester/week: 4 weeks today

What's new with baby (size, development): poppyseed!

Whats something new you are doing to get ready for baby: nothing quite yet.

Rant/rave/symptoms: none yet!

Questions for the Group: none!

GTKY: Tell us about your TTC journey: we started in April of this year. The first month was a no go. The second month I bought the wondfo opk's and realized I was ovulating way later then I thought! I thought I was ovulating on the 7th of June, but it turns out I didn't ovulate until the 16th! I got my BFP on June 26 (super early!). Buying the opk's was the best decision ever! I think my hypothyroidism is what was effecting my ovulation and making it happen later then normal. Going by my last menstrual cycle my due date would be 2/28, but since I know when I ovulated, I know my due date is around 3/7 or 3/8!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So does anyone else need the loo every 20 seconds? This is worse than a UTI! The pharmacist at Boots was like isn't that normal? I was like umm I was asking you.
    imageimageimage

• Options
    sdemilio1231sdemilio1231 member
    edited June 2015
    @KristieA yes I am using the restroom non stop! I've also noticed the slight cramping, but those are both normal early pregnancy symptoms. I'm also feeling very bloated!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Trimester/week: 1st trimester, am 4w4d

What's new with baby (size, development): the size of a poppyseed they say!

Whats something new you are doing to get ready for baby: just preparing myself I guess!

Rant/rave/symptoms: nothing yet!!

Questions for the Group: none yet!!

GTKY: Tell us about your TTC journey: my DH and I have been TTC since August. We had an early MC on 4/17/15 and began trying again right away! Just got my BFP yesterday! I had my HCG and Progesterone levels done yesterday (my Progesterone was a very low 2.9 last pregnancy so it was something to keep an eye on for this time in case supplements were needed). My HCG was 988 and Progesterone is 18.5, so far so good! Am getting rechecked tomorrow and we will go from there! I had never gotten my AF since the MC so we will do an ultra sound next week to get me my EDD, but as of now it looks like it will be around 3/4/16! Am just over the moon about this rainbow :)
  • Options
    @sdemilio1231 me too! I had to put on leggings again! I'm glad I'm not alone!
    imageimageimage

• Options
    KristieA said:
    @sdemilio1231 me too! I had to put on leggings again! I'm glad I'm not alone!
    I am a teacher and climb on tables, squat etc all day long... so I rock the tunic/dress with leggings all the time.   though today's look makes me think I am showing a bit- but IRL its a combination of bloat and just not giving a fuck to suck it in any more

• Options
    I work for a uni so I'll be rocking a similar look this fall I'm sure!
    imageimageimage

• Options
    Trimester/week: 1/4.6 or 4.7 depending on the app

What's new with baby (size, development): still a poppy seed

Whats something new you are doing to get ready for baby: trying to really eat well, spending as much fun time with ds while I'm off this summer while we are just a family of 3.

Rant/rave/symptoms: definitely a quesy stomach. No vomiting, just feels off. I also have to pee all the time! I am a teacher and working on curriculum this week which means stuck in a room with 6 other women for 6 hours straight. I'm starting to worry the need to pee every 20 minutes is going to get noticed.

GTKY: Tell us about your TTC journey
    Dh and I have waited for 2.5 years since ds. I was hoping to start sooner but my OB wanted us to wait 2 full years since I had had a Csection. Dh works all year but seasonally he works longer hours so we had to wait to make sure third trimester wouldn't fall during the fall (last time I spent a month on bed rest). We also wanted a spring baby since I teach and would have more cushion with summer vacations. We got our BFP during our second month of TTC.
  • Options
    Trimester/week: 1/4

What's new with baby (size, development): Poppy seed.

Whats something new you are doing to get ready for baby: Not much yet...Trying to potty train the toddler - I don't really want two in diapers. Actually remembering to take my prenatal vitamins, cutting back on coffee (boo!)

Rant/rave/symptoms: Just exhausted and bloated. And peeing a million times per day, which I'm sure is also because I'm drinking one million litres of water per day.

Questions for the Group: 

GTKY: Tell us about your TTC journey: First time around we decided to try, ended up having a mc at 6 weeks. Got pregnant immediately after (no period in between) and gave birth to a beautiful girl in 2013. This time around we decided to start trying but not temping etc. until we'd tried one cycle for "fun." One cycle was enough, June was our first month ttc and now here I am. I'll be nervous until after that 6 week mark, I'm so scared I'll lose this baby. 
  • Options
    Trimester/week: 1st/ 3w 5d

What's new with baby (size, development): he/she is almost the size of a poppyseed

Whats something new you are doing to get ready for baby: I have been online window shopping like crazy, but I am afraid to jinx it and buy anything. I requested several pregnancy related books from the library and I scheduled my first appt.

Rant/rave/symptoms: I napped for the first time in years today. Also, my breasts are tender and I, too, have been experiencing cramping.

Questions for the Group: How far along will you be at your first appt?

GTKY: Tell us about your TTC journey I stopped bc 6/4 and I started temping, but I was trying to take the wait and see approach. Then, bam I find out we made a baby on the first cycle!
  • Options
    @katy0990 So glad you're joining us over here!

I will be 6w1d at my initial consult (pregnancy confirmation, bloodwork, discuss hospital and process) and 7w for my first u/s.
  • Options
    @kristin712 I am so excited to be over here. How did you get your u/s scheduled already?
  • Options
    @katy0990 I called Monday morning to let my OB know I got a BFP. The u/s appt is separate from both my OB consultation (learning about the process) and physical (with a nurse practitioner). However, all of these appointments are held at the same place. I go to a large hospital in Chicago so the OB dept is large. It's known as the "baby factory" in the city so they have their procedure down pat. The maternity u/s dept is on the same floor and scheduled by the same department.

I do know every OB office is different in terms of when they schedule appointments and what first appointments typically include.
  • Options
    Trimester / week:  1 / 2w1d

What's new with baby (size, development):  Poppyseed-ish!

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby:  Nothing yet -- just excited that we told my parents, my siblings, and DH's sister!  We couldn't keep the excitement in!

Rant/rave/symptoms:  Just feeling a little bloated so far.  Oh, and even though I'm only 2 weeks pregnant, all of my friends are going to know what's up IMMEDIATELY.  Like, I would be surprised if they didn't figure it out this week... since we are big craft beer drinkers!

Questions for the Group:  Nothing yet!

GTKY: Tell us about your TTC journey:  My husband and I got married in December of 2014 and started trying right away.  So, it took us 6 months to conceive, which I certainly can't complain about.  We are very excited / nervous / anxious / thrilled / etc!

Me: 26, DH: 41
    Colin Patrick born on 4/29 via emergency C-section following 41-week induction  <3