November 2015 Moms

still haven't felt movement

hi I'm 18 weeks and 4 days and I still haven't felt my baby move, I have read a couple things saying it can take awhile with your first but everyone I know says they felt theirs move earlier. Just wondering if anyone on here is in the same boat.
Thanks

Re: still haven't felt movement

• I'm 20 weeks tomorrow and I haven't felt anything either- it should be soon though:)
  • Loading the player...
  • mmk29 said:

First time moms frequently do not feel the move until around 20 weeks or later. Depending on where the placenta is, it can be closer to 24 weeks. Also, movement feels a lot like gas so you may have felt it and not realized it yet.
    I highly encourage you to use the search function the bump supplies. Several posts have been already made about this topic with helpful information already talked about. It should also provide you with a sense of security as there are several women that still have not felt movement yet.

What she said.
    Completely normal. The placement of your placenta also affects what you feel.
  • I'm a STM at 18 weeks 3 days I haven't really felt movement. If I remember correctly, I believe I was about 23 or 24 weeks before I felt anything with my first. Also keep in mind that some of the women who say they felt their baby earlier, could have actually been feeling gas. Don't worry, it's normal for FTM to feel their baby later.
  • I'm 20 weeks tomorrow and haven't felt movement yet. My midwife said with her first, it was close to 22 weeks before she could identify movement, and can be even later before you feel it. Totally normal and nothing to worry about.
  • I didn't feel any movement until 21 wks 4 days
  • I'm 19 weeks and still nothing. I figure I might as well enjoy her not kicking me in the ribs as long as I can :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Could take a couple more weeks before you feel anything so don't panic! This is my 3rd and I've only recently started feeling movement.
  • Just about 19 weeks and I JUST felt definite undeniable movement last night. Pay attention to the popcorn kernels popping feeling in your stomach. That's definitely a baby in there!
  • urby87urby87 member
    Mine I started feeling a few days shy of 18w, I believe, but everybody's different. I will say that there have been several threads about this already, and I know a lot of members don't like repeating their answers over and over so after a point they just don't respond to repeats.  You may find even more helpful feedback if you do a search for "movement" and look at the previous threads.
  • There are other discussions about this that might offer other great insight that you ca search for. I personally haven't really felt too much yet either, and I'm 18 weeks as well. I found out at an ultrasound this morning that the placenta is on the front of my uterus, so I probably won't feel much until the movements get stronger. It's perfectly normal and nothing to really worry about.
  • 20w3d here, and I also haven't felt anything. I also have anterior placenta. The doctor said I could be feeling the movements any time now..
  • 20w3d here too. I have been feeling slight pushes, surprising movements for a bit but now since Friday (a day shy of 20w) I have been feeling the baby so much more. Feels a little like muscle twitching but I know that's the baby.
    I also have anterior placenta. Most of the movements I feel are on right side.
    Just wait and you will love it when you feel the baby!
  • This is my fourth and I didn't feel him until 24 weeks. All the others were way sooner... So I was worried but now he moves like a mad man lol
  • I'm 21 weeks tomorrow and haven't felt anything... I also have an anterior placenta. And FTM.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • djsj04djsj04 member
    Thank you for your replys, makes me feel abit more at ease, I have searched movement now and didn't before because the software update made my search bar disappear for abit there. But it's good to know that I'm not the only one.
  • 3rd time pregnant, 19+ weeks and I'm just not starting to feel movements! It will happen.