February 2016 Moms

Seeing OB at 6, 8 and 10 weeks?

Does anyone else see their OB at 6, 8 and 10 weeks? It seems odd to me. I have 2 sons and I never went until around 10 weeks. Suppose to have our first ultrasound today. Hoping it's not to early to see our little one.

Re: Seeing OB at 6, 8 and 10 weeks?

• :) you got lucky! In my opinion anyways. I would love to be going in every 2 weeks to make sure things are progressing right. I don't go in until next week when I will be 8 weeks 5 days I think. Then it will be every month or so.
  • Yah lucky imo!

• Loading the player...
  • No, but that would annoy me. I'm a sahm with a two year old, so it's a huge pain for me to go to the doctor because I don't want to bring my son and have him tearing apart the waiting room. I would just straight up ask the doc why he/she wants you to go so much.
    BabyFruit Ticker Follow my baby story at: http://www.nycitified.blogspot.com/
  • my first appointment is at close to 10 weeks. i think its the doctor im going to or insurance?

BabyFetus Ticker
    Married July 22, 2015
    Baby #1 coming February 2016
    First time mommy <3
  • I think it depends on your doctor and your history. My doctor wouldn't see me before 8 weeks since I have no history of anything as it's my first pregnancy.

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • I went for my first appointment at 6 weeks, and they wanted me to come back at 8. But due to schedule conflicts, I am having my first ultrasound done this week, a day shy of my 9 week mark, and  I go back to the doc next week for the actual work up. My first visit was just filled with a lot of questions and answers. Hope all goes well for you!!
  • I did one US and appointment at 6ish weeks and then another today at 8w4d and my next is at 12 weeks. The frequent appointments in the beginning for me were due to a previous MC and other high risk factors. They said as long as everything continues to progress the way it has I will be back on a normal risk schedule. You can always ask why they are scheduling you so frequently. 
    BabyFetus Ticker

F16 Sep Siggy Challange - Fav Thing About Fall (even though "fall" won't be here until at least Dec)
    Green Bay animated GIF
  • Went to my 6 week appointment. They see the gestational sac but no yolk sac or baby. Go again in 2 weeks for another ultrasound. Could have ovulated late. Took blood work as well to see what my levels are at. Fingers crossed they come back high enough.
  • That seems excessive! I just had my first at 8 weeks 4 days and won't be back for another 5 weeks.
    Baby 2.0!
    BabyFruit Ticker

"http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/32499b"
     28 Years old DH 29
    Married since 8/7/10
  • MrsJG3MrsJG3 member
    FX for you!
    DD: 8  DD: 3.5  DS:18M
    Baby #4 Due: 2/4/2016
    Feb16 August Siggy Challenge
    Favorite TV Mom