November 2015 Moms

Go home fruit, you're drunk!

Re: Go home fruit, you're drunk!

• urby87urby87 member
    My questions is how is the baby like 6 inches when it's a banana and then the next week it's 10 when its a pomegranate like does the baby really double in size over a week?
    I don't know the answer to your question about the baby almost doubling in length, but I've also never seen a pomegranate 10" long--I had to go back and look at the home page, I thought you must have misquoted that!! Seriously, @VexyMommy, either these fruit ARE drunk, or I've been eating the wrong ones! :-) good thread, I needed a laugh!
    They must be measuring the circumference of round fruits and veg, and the length for long ones.  Some of these have definitely had me scratching my head...
  • @urby87 wow, i feel like a ding dong
  • Loading the player...
  • urby87urby87 member
    @urby87 wow, i feel like a ding dong
    Don't, because it doesn't seem logical at all to do do it that way.  That's just the only way I can make any sense of a pomegranate being bigger than a banana....
  • @urby87 wow, i feel like a ding dong

Now I want a ding dong!
  • @kayemjay2 thank you for that link. So much more entertaining than fruit. Now if only I could track down some oreos...
  • kayemjay2 said:

As an alternative, I've been looking at this site for size estimates. The only downside is that it makes me much, much hungrier than fruit/veggies ever could. 
    I love this site.  And now I want oreos.  lol.

June Siggy Challenge image
  • Girls I have Oreos and happy to share! I have double stuffed and lemon because you never know which ones you'll be in the mood for.
  • Lemon oreos exist?  How did I not know this?!

June Siggy Challenge image
  • Oh yes they exist. I would post a beautiful picture for you but the app on my phone doesn't let me. Last summer I even found lime oreos. Not sure if you have any stop n shops near you but they carry them.
  • My favourite so far was the Avacado to onion I live in New Zealand and we can get big onions but not bigger than an Avacado lol guess it depends tho but still found that wierd!
  • The 20 week comparison on Ovia is a Belgian Endive... Really?!? That's all you can come up with?
  • My husband suggested an app for guys with comparisons to sport equipment (baseball sized etc).
  • mamavbs said:
    Sorry... I had to bring this back. Log on today and my baby at 25 weeks is compared to a large cauliflower :)) The photo they've chosen has just killed me, I can't stop giggling. Imagining giving birth to that now
    Are you due 11/6? 

If there's something strange underneath the hood.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  If there's something weird and it don't look good.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  Immediately.  If it's new, painful, and possibly pregnancy related get your ass off the internet and call your doctor.  It's for your health and your child's. 

• mamavbs said:
    Sorry... I had to bring this back. Log on today and my baby at 25 weeks is compared to a large cauliflower :)) The photo they've chosen has just killed me, I can't stop giggling. Imagining giving birth to that now
    Haha! I noticed that yesterday. It's ridiculous. I guess they couldn't come up with anything more clever.

I'm due 11/5.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yeah, I thought that one was pretty weird as well. Apparently cauliflower is bigger than a cantaloupe too!

@CarrieOct15 we're due date twins!
  • I saw the cauliflower when I logged in today too. Funny thing is I was just researching cauliflower pizza crust recipes yesterday. Mmm delicious.
  • @VexedMommy yep 6th Nov! @Ceridwen77 do you work with food or are you just a food goddess/temptress?!
  • mamavbs said:

@VexedMommy yep 6th Nov! @Ceridwen77 do you work with food or are you just a food goddess/temptress?!

Haha love the name food temptress!! Cooking/baking are a hobby of mine. I do nothing professionally with cooking and have no formal training, but I love to cook and bake! And the eating part isn't so bad either :)
  • @Ceridwen77 everything you mention makes my mouth water! It always sounds original but yum. As far as I'm concerned you're queen of food on the bump.
  • @mamavbs - Yay for due date buddies!  :)

If there's something strange underneath the hood.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  If there's something weird and it don't look good.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  Immediately.  If it's new, painful, and possibly pregnancy related get your ass off the internet and call your doctor.  It's for your health and your child's. 

• @VexedMommy I'm going for my second vbac and in the UK they like you to be a tiny bit early/close to your due date (as they're limited with ways of safe and recommended induction), so I have a sweep booked for the end of October but I really really hope the baby comes closer to my Due date. I'm excited for a November baby! My other two are mid September so autumnal, I can't wait for a little winter babe! Go November 6th :-)
  • I'm hoping for a Halloween baby. 

That's what I'm hoping for.. I'm due the 2nd and I'm hoping for a Halloween baby.. Not sure my husband would believe me if my water broke on Halloween though..
  • Reviving this thread because my "fruit" this week (30) is a cucumber. WTAF bump? I don't think my baby is the size of a cucumber.
    A really big cucumber??? Isn't a cucumber a vegetable?!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Reviving this thread because my "fruit" this week (30) is a cucumber. WTAF bump? I don't think my baby is the size of a cucumber.
    A GIANT cucumber...where are these freak cucumbers that are 3-ish lbs and 15 inches?
    A GIANT cucumber...where are these freak cucumbers that are 3-ish lbs and 15 inches?
    LOL I'm glad someone brought this up. I'm 30 weeks tomorrow, and was very confused when I peeked ahead. :))
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yeah cucumber makes no sense at 30 weeks .. And my other app says it's cantaloupe.. If you guys want to have a drink that makes you feel like your drinking try davids tea online they have sunny citrus and then you put sparkling water in there and add the fruit it taste like sangria.. They also have a sangria tea but I think it's currently out of stock but the other is almost the same..
  • Bf just started laughing at acorn squash.  Can't wait to see what he'll say about his little cucumber on Friday.
    "His little cucumber..." =))
    Rofl. 

• rachswi said:

I'm starting to think they just gave up on trying to make sense and decided to just come up with a list of fruits/veggies and assign them random weeks.

And apparently the baby only gets as big as a jackfruit because weeks 40-42 do not change as if they stop growing at 40 weeks.
  • edited August 2015
    Bf just started laughing at acorn squash.  Can't wait to see what he'll say about his little cucumber on Friday.
    make sure to update us!!  :-)
  • Yeah, I can't say that I've ever seen a 16" cucumber...
  • Can I just say what's really grinding my gear about the cucumber...I know it's absurd I do...but it bugs the shit out of me that it still has shrink wrap on it. Don't know why...but it does.