March 2016 Moms

Monday Health and Wellness

ACleanLife24ACleanLife24 member
edited June 2015 in March 2016 Moms

Maybe you have struggled in the past to make changes (drink less, quit smoking, eat healthier, exercise more etc)... Did you know that statistically one of the times a woman can make major life changes (and stick with them) is during this life changing event- having a baby.  Yeah you really shouldn't be drinking or smoking now... and exercise well the healthier pregnancy and more fit you are the better you will fare during labour and postpartum .  And instead of eating for two you should think about you are feeding and building an awesome tiny little human so give them the best building blocks possible.

Win of the week:  (Big or small what was a positive you want your gold sticker for)

Strugglemuffin of the week: (Just because we know... doesn't mean we do)

Most useful piece of knowledge, motivation, etc.: (Share a tidbit, website, article, recipe etc)

Targets for the next week (applicable to you): (Pick one or all of the following)

Diet/food/nutrition:
Exercise/movement:
Mindfulness/spirituality:
Organization/life:

Re: Monday Health and Wellness

• Win of the week: Stayed within my cal range of 1400-2200 for every day!

Strugglemuffin of the week: I am in a lot of pain right now so I really want to get at least 40 min walk with the dog each day (and work up to 2 sessions) but I missed the days on the weekend bc I OD'ed it on DIY and then sat

Most useful piece of knowledge, motivation, etc.: Women who are overweight when pregnant can continue to eat at a reasonable calorie load (1400-1800) and loose body weight/stay the same while your foetus grows.  This is not shown to have adverse affects on the baby and may actually help.  Being overweight before becoming pregnant/gaining too much weight during pregnancy can increase the risk of gestational diabetes and complications during labour due to baby's size.- https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-18101423

Targets for the next week (applicable to you): (Pick one or all of the following)

Diet/food/nutrition: Continue to hit calorie goals and exchange more fruits/veggies for tortilla chips (been on a hoummous kick)
    Exercise/movement: 40min dog walk/day, 10-20min yoga/day, and pain related try to get 1-2 lift sessions in
    Mindfulness/spirituality: 10min meditation/day
    Organization/life: Finish my to do list for June by the end of the week.. need to prepare for the midwife home visit 

• Win of the week: for most of the week I avoided sugar and junk foods even when I was out. Yay healthy food choices!

Strugglemuffin of the week:
    I am really struggling to get in workouts with dh traveling I can't get to a gym because I have ds. I walk but I just don't feel it's enough. I only managed 2 jogs last week when I normally average 4. But I am having a hard time finding that line between staying fit and not overdoing it. Any suggestions are welcome!

Most useful piece of knowledge, motivation, etc.: I was so excited for each next milestone in my first pregnancy that I don't think I really appreciated how special each moment (no matter how anxious or how crummy symptoms are) really was. This time around I am trying to be more mindful of how special each day is with little bean on the inside.

Diet/food/nutrition: my goal is to get most my calories from high nutrition foods and stay away from added sugars.
    Exercise/movement: hoping for 5 days next week of moderate exercise.
    Mindfulness/spirituality: thinking I will try to do yoga video twice
    Organization/life: for some reason I thought taking 2 online graduate courses was a good idea this summer so I am hoping to get a good start on them this week.
  • Loading the player...
  • Win of the week: I ran 3 miles on Sat!!!

Strugglemuffin of the week: feeling motivated enough to exercise 3 more times this week.

Most useful piece of knowledge, motivation, etc.: meal prepping has changed my life!!! I usually do chopping/cutting and any other time consuming tasks relating to cooking on Sunday's that way I can get straight to cooking during the week.

Diet/food/nutrition: trying to keep away from carbs more than I did last pregnancy. I gained 35 lbs and I'd really like to stay closer to 25 this time. I saw a dietician who gave me some tips and motivation. We'll see how it goes.

Exercise/movement: exercise 3 times! running 3 miles each time is my goal.

Mindfulness/spirituality: nothing official here - just trying to appreciate the small stuff.

Organization/life: trying to tackle some home projects this week.
  • J234J234 member
    How did I miss this?  Sorry for the late post...  
    Win of the week:  Several workouts 
    Strugglemuffin of the week: nauseous = crackers 
    Most useful piece of knowledge, motivation, etc.: ...

Targets for the next week (applicable to you): 
    Diet/food/nutrition: get more fruits and veggies
    Exercise/movement: every day!  
    Mindfulness/spirituality: 
    Organization/life: