November 2015 Moms

Panicking! I just now realized that I'm going to be 24/7 with another human...

I feel like panicking. How am I going to have a BABY?!?! I did NOT think this through. I am too old to have a baby!! I have no idea how I am going to do this. A million 'what-ifs' are running through my mind.

I had a nightmare last night that someone just plunked a baby in my lap and I wasn't prepared and had no supplies. It just wound up there in my lap crying for a bottle and I was just expected to hit the ground running.

I am already a mother but most of the time I feel like I am just flying by the seat of my pants. Like Im faking it and someday someone is going to clue in that I'm this phony non-mom, the jig will be up and I'll be thrown in the slammer.

I guess I actually AM panicking already. lol. Plus I'm sick...I have a sinus cold and a sore throat. And I didn't accomplish anything today except laying on the couch like a slug. *UGH* 
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Panicking! I just now realized that I'm going to be 24/7 with another human...

• I was literally just in the bathroom looking at my belly and having the same panic! Unfortunately, I don't have any advice as I am a FTM, but I can so sympathize!
    I hope you feel better soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • kwaldykwaldy member
    Same panic and same sinus cold/sore throat/cough thing! FTM so no real advice, but I'm sure you can do it. My mom told me today that parenthood is making stuff up as you go along and I believe her. Good luck & know that we're here for you. :)

• Don't panic. You can do it! Check out the Preggie community. Lots of support there. Preggieapp.com/r/preggie_usa
    STOP. reporting this as spam.
    I did too.  SO annoying.
    YCSWU 

• modanz1 said:

Don't panic. You can do it! Check out the Preggie community. Lots of support there. Preggieapp.com/r/preggie_usa

I did too.  SO annoying.

Me 3!
  • kwaldy said:

Same panic and same sinus cold/sore throat/cough thing! FTM so no real advice, but I'm sure you can do it. My mom told me today that parenthood is making stuff up as you go along and I believe her. Good luck & know that we're here for you. :)

^^^^^
    Good advice here.
    Take it one day at a time, that's all you can do :) coming from momma of 3 with 1 on the way. It's always worth it :)
  • Cook3133 said:

modanz1 said:

Don't panic. You can do it! Check out the Preggie community. Lots of support there. Preggieapp.com/r/preggie_usa

I did too.  SO annoying.

Me 3!

Aaaannnnd 4
  • jscasher said:

Cook3133 said:

modanz1 said:

I did too.  SO annoying.

Me 3!

Aaaannnnd 4

I've tried several times but my app hates me.

OP, I can definitely relate. I have a toddler who is finally getting to the point where she's pretty independent and now I'm starting all over again. A lot of me is terrified I forgot what to do with a newborn or what I will do with 2 kids.

And I don't think I've accomplished anything while pregnant!
  • jscasher said:

Cook3133 said:

modanz1 said:

I did too.  SO annoying.

Me 3!

Aaaannnnd 4

And 5! On another thread though. She was really busy yesterday!

OP this sounds like some early nesting symptoms starting. I don't have anything prepared either... not even names picked out. Also think about how it'll be with 2 kids and it is scary. However, like @Cook3133 said, take it one day at a time. It may take some time to get in a groove but you'll get it.
  • Lol I'm expecting baby # 3 who was a big surprise for us, we already have two girls and found out we are having a boy!!! (Ack!!) lol I can do girls but I keep panicking too about have 3 kids and not knowing what to do with a boy!!!!! We are so very excited though to meet this little stranger in my belly!!
  • None of us have a bloody clue what we're doing. Faking it is part of being a parent. So long as the LO is fed, clothed, has a place to sleep and is kept mostly clean then you're doing it right. There's a quote I have to keep reminding myself of; "there's no one way to be a perfect mother, but a million ways to be a great one".