November 2015 Moms

Running out of time!!!

Hey Ladies!!!

I'm so excited that my husband and I are pregnant with our first! Although, I must admit.... I feel like I'm completely unprepared. Does anyone else feel like they don't have enough time to prep for their amazing new bundle of joy? Or is it totally a "first time mom thing" ?

Re: Running out of time!!!

• Yeah....me....and I'm allready a mom for a 4.5 y old. I felt more prepered with my first then this time around. And I was waaay younger. Had no idea what so ever about pregnancy and babies ....now I'm freaked out about everything. How will I handle the newborn and the family so I won't have the same experience as the first time.
  • Glad I'm not the only one! Hopefully I get a grip lol
  • Loading the player...
  • You will. Don't worry.
  • My nursery is still full of boxes from moving in...I know how you feel!

Mine too.

I did not have everything ready when DS was born, he really did not care :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Same! We really need to finish unpacking already. I haven't even started my registry yet, either, although I have started to look at baby gear. I'm sure the freaked out stage is normal. I'm told it never really goes away, either. Lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I haven't bought a single thing and at this point in my last pregnancy I hadn't either. You have plenty of time.
    I still don't even know what room the baby will be sleeping in.
  • Ivyblue92Ivyblue92 member
    edited June 2015
    I feel this way. I'm 29wks & all I've bought are some dresses. I seriously need to get my butt in gear and start getting more stuff. You still have a fair about of time so don't stress over it. It will all come together. :)
  • Pontot31 said:
    I haven't bought a single thing and at this point in my last pregnancy I hadn't either. You have plenty of time. I still don't even know what room the baby will be sleeping in.
    Yup, this.  I'm still forgetting at times that it is actually happening.  Last week a friend sent me a package with a newborn outfit in it.  My first reaction was: "Why is she sending my 3 year old baby clothes?"  Then: "oh yeaaaaahhhhhh, there is a baby in me."  It seems like a lot to prepare, but you'll get there!  And believe me, the prep can be fun, but all those little ones need (and want) is you.
  • Falchas said:

Pontot31 said:

I haven't bought a single thing and at this point in my last pregnancy I hadn't either. You have plenty of time.
    I still don't even know what room the baby will be sleeping in.

Yup, this.  I'm still forgetting at times that it is actually happening.  Last week a friend sent me a package with a newborn outfit in it.  My first reaction was: "Why is she sending my 3 year old baby clothes?"  Then: "oh yeaaaaahhhhhh, there is a baby in me."  It seems like a lot to prepare, but you'll get there!  And believe me, the prep can be fun, but all those little ones need (and want) is you.

I feel the way. But I've never been a huge planner. We will probably start the room in early October since I'm due at the end of November.
  • crysgxcrysgx member
    I'm also right there with you ladies! I feel overwhelmed and as though four months is right around the corner. The main situation that has me freaking out is not knowing where I'm going to live. Three options available, My moms, MIL or getting an apartment. Both homes have two extra bedrooms patiently waiting for us to decide on, but my first choice is to get our own apartment and not have to worry about living with others. Only downfall with that is that we won't be able to save as much for our house down payment. I have even made a Pros/Cons list on all three and have given myself a month to decide. Once we find out the sex, I'll get a start on the registering etc. Whew, best thing for us to do is remain positive, and I'm sure we will all get through our obstacles one way or another! >:D<
  • Best of luck to all of you! I know how stressful moving can be. Remember in the end it'll all work out!
  • The nursery is still a guest room... We haven't even taken down the furniture yet. The only things we have bought have been a lamp and one onesie (Golden State Champ onesie.) haha! 
    I am right there with you ladies. This is my second and I feel so overwhelmed this time.. Much more than with DD.
  • I'm with you. I'm due November and our home isn't even ready to move into until October!!!! It's going to be a crazy lady few months. But worth it.
  • I can't start anything until we move!  We're trying to buy a house, we've mostly picked one out but still have to finalize everything, wait for current owners to move out, pack and move in.  Our lease is up at the end of October, if we have to renew then we're stuck here till March, and there is NO space for baby gear here.  I'm really, really hoping we're in a new place by the end of September, but even that means moving when I'm 7 months along.  At least we knew all along that we didn't intend to stay here long-term, so we're kind of half in boxes already, but I am SO done with living in a cardboard maze!