June 2015 Moms
Options

New Moms - Weekly June 28-July 5 Updates, Issues, Accomplishments

How did everyone's week go?

Ugh I developed mastitis last night. I cant believe how quickly it came on. I'm feeling a little better today but still feel crappy anytime I pump. Did anyone else find that to be true? I am an exclusive pumper but given my super low production, I am weaning off and doing formula exclusively. I'm producing only a few drops in the affected breast and less than an ounce in the other and I'm wondering if the antibiotic (Cleocin) is drying me up. At this point I would be ok with that. I'm so ready to be done.

LO is dealing with a diaper rash - although the rash hasn't surfaced yet. It's just really red. It doesn't seem to bother him but after several days of Desitin we are trying the Triple Paste. I'm praying it works!

I finally weighed myself after weeks of not knowing. I stopped keeping track of how much I gained around 25 weeks! I have about 20lbs to lose to get to my pre-pregnancy weight but I'm shooting for 30. Once I get cleared at my post partum checkup on July 8th, I plan on getting down to business! My company pays for weight watchers and I'm going to join. 

I hope everyone is doing well!!!

Re: New Moms - Weekly June 28-July 5 Updates, Issues, Accomplishments

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    aj1327aj1327 member
    @btm013 so sorry about the infection! I have been so scared of that since I started breast feeding!

LO was awake from 2-around 4 last night. He was slightly fussy but not screaming. At 3 weeks tomorrow the exhaustion is definitely setting in. Still BFing exclusively. It had been fairly easy for us and I still have thoughts of going to formula, so all of you ladies struggling shouldn't have guilt. It is hard!

Hang in there ladies! So happy I still have this board to come too!
  • Options
    DS has a nasty rash. I've never seen anything like it. His skin is peeling off around his testicles and it looks awful. I keep him clean and dry but nothing has helped. I'm glad he sees the Dr tomorrow. It breaks my heart to see him cry in pain. :'(
  • Options
    Lo's acne (questioning if it is acne at this point) is awful. Crusty and like dried sebum and up her nose and in her ear. She looks awful. She also had a crazy mucousy poop today, literally looked like string. Happy we're going to the Dr tomorrow for her face because I'll mention the poop. Have a feeling they're gonna have me cut out dairy :((
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    Boobs are drying up. Only getting about an oz per side. This happened with my first born but around 5 weeks, we are only 3 weeks right now.

Took a trip to target and LO had a massive blow out. I mean EVERYWHERE. Not fun.
  • Options

Boobs are drying up. Only getting about an oz per side. This happened with my first born but around 5 weeks, we are only 3 weeks right now.

Took a trip to target and LO had a massive blow out. I mean EVERYWHERE. Not fun.

Something similar happened to me the other day in target!! LO was fussing so bad so I finally gave up and left... Sure enough, we get home and she had taken quite a massive poop (not quite blowout material, but close!). I felt like such a bad mom for not realizing why she was so mad. :(
  • Options
    kkdb14kkdb14 member
    I switched avatars btw (remembered internet safety).

The past two days LO has been up all night screaming and today anytime I'm standing I get majorly dizzy. Ugh. I thought I was getting used to sleep deprivation but apparently not. Bleeding also started back up again today, and I'm thinking I may have pushed it too hard again.

So because of said screaming, ped put LO on baby Zantac and I can definitely tell the difference. She's been asleep off and on for 4 hours now, where she used to not even consider sleep until 2 AM. Thank god for Zantac..

My 6 week appointment is next Monday, and I'm super excited to have the pregnancy chapter finished. I need to discuss BC with OB and I'm still trying to decide what I want to use. I've never been on BC; does anyone have any stories or advice? I don't need to worry about BF. I'm leaning away from the pill because I'm forgetful anyway, and with LO it has gotten a million times worse. I thought about the shot, but I'm not a fan of the weight gain symptoms. I'm leaning toward an IUD but I'm no sure on it yet.

I'm also going cross country to visit my sister and nephews (she delivered her second son exactly 4 weeks after I). Anyone have experience flying with a 6 week old?
  • Options
    I remember seeing tons of birth control and flying with an infant threads on other boards. I have been cruising the "fly with an infant" topic because we have to take LO back to the U.S. from Germany when he's just shy of 2 months old. Basically they say flying with an infant this small is super easy. Take a change of clothes for yourself, and nurse/feed/use pacifier during takeoff and landing. But do the Search - tons of good info across The Bump boards on both topics.
  • Options
    HoosOnFirstHoosOnFirst member
    edited June 2015

I remember seeing tons of birth control and flying with an infant threads on other boards. I have been cruising the "fly with an infant" topic because we have to take LO back to the U.S. from Germany when he's just shy of 2 months old. Basically they say flying with an infant this small is super easy. Take a change of clothes for yourself, and nurse/feed/use pacifier during takeoff and landing. But do the Search - tons of good info across The Bump boards on both topics.

@kkdb14 I started a birth control thread maybe 8 weeks ago - hopefully you can find it through the search function, a lot of people chimed in and I found it really helpful and thorough!

Since I ended up not breast feeding I'm just gonna go back on the normal pill. Free under insurance!

Your doc gave LO Zantac? Our doc says they won't diagnose reflux or related issues until her 5 week appt. which is soon, so I'm hoping we can get some relief from her constant spitting up!
  • Options
    CBHoneyBCBHoneyB member
    edited June 2015
    I seem to be having the opposite problem from others. I'm like a freaking dairy cow. Baby is eating well but sometimes have to pump before she can eat so she doesn't get sprayed since my milk shoots out like a water gun. I'm pumping 24/30 ounces a day and not even emptying myself when I pump. My boobs are so hard and sore. I wake up soaked every night and will soak through shirts and breast pads every 2/3 hours if I dont pump. If seems to be they only thing I am accomplishing. :/
  • Options
    @CBHoneyB I would tell you how jealous I am of your supply but I know how uncomfortable your boobs must be and soaking through shirts sucks!
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    @dancegurl1118 I'm really glad I produce so much, I'm already getting a nice stash built up and baby is getting lots to eat. I'm not sure if my boobs hurt more or my stitches from tearing and I do laundry always. Lol
  • Options
    Rough night for us last night. LOL had gas or general fussiness and I barely slept. All the dairy talk has me wondering if that is it. I never had this problem with DS. I just need a nap.
  • Options
    LO was very fussy and clingy this weekend. Saturday was the worst. Typical soothing strategies didn't work Saturday but yesterday and today have been better. I started reading The Wonder Weeks and wondered if he was going through a leap.

I'm starting to see real smiles (not just gas smiles) and he is awake more often. He seems so aware during his awake times and we really try to capitalize on that by reading, singing, playing, and tummy time.

I also drove LO in the car today. I was very nervous, but we did it!

Question- he is now 8 lbs. I want to start baby k'tan with him. Kangaroo position won't work because he likes to stretch his legs out. Would the hug position be appropriate or does he need to be older?
  • Options
    kkdb14kkdb14 member
    hoodoll82 said:

@kkdb14 I started a birth control thread maybe 8 weeks ago - hopefully you can find it through the search function, a lot of people chimed in and I found it really helpful and thorough!

Since I ended up not breast feeding I'm just gonna go back on the normal pill. Free under insurance!

Your doc gave LO Zantac? Our doc says they won't diagnose reflux or related issues until her 5 week appt. which is soon, so I'm hoping we can get some relief from her constant spitting up!
    She was 5 weeks yesterday (Sunday), I went in on Friday. I'm not sure that ours follows the 5 week rule, but that's how the cards fell. Doc explained that it doesn't stop the spit up (which is so true) but it takes the acid out of the spit up (also very true). It's been wonderful not having an inconsolable baby. I felt so bad seeing her in pain and knowing there was nothing I could do about it. So, if you're looking to stop spit up in general, it's not going to help. But it WILL take any acid out and help with the pain.

I checked June before I posted (didn't check the other boards actually, not sure why) and couldn't find anything. Maybe a different wording lol. Thank you! I'll find your thread!
  • Options
    @CBHoneyB I posted in the breastfeeding/pumping/formula about the same thing. I exclusively pump but get close to 60 oz a day. Our freezer is full of milk which is good and bad at the same time. We have no room for food. And I feel bad for complaining about overproduction but honestly when am I ever going to use all of this. And yes I looked into donating but the place around here charges people for the donated milk.
  • Options
    LO is 2 days old. We just got home from the hospital. I'm using a nipple shield and was told to make an appt with the lactation consultant as her tongue might need to be clipped if BF doesn't get better. She had a really long feed before we left the hospital and is passed out on me. My breasts are beginning to engorge and are very painful. It's so early and we are still learning each other. I'm hoping to learn the difference between a good latch and one that will cause me to hurt later. I already have a slight infected nipple on the right from my first feeding with an improper latch. And I have a nice Hicky on my aerola as well.
  • Options
    @CBHoneyB @rklinge0 just for reference I've been trying to pump every single day and I have 20 oz total after almost a week. I'm thankful I have enough to feed LO daily I'm just really scared because I will need 24 hours of feedings 3x a week when I go back in September because of working nights. Maybe I'll start producing more...
  • Options
    esampson1983esampson1983 member
    edited June 2015
    Does anyone notice that their LO grows/ matures between feedings? I swear LO grew between his 1 am and 4 am feeding! DH feels the same way! The phrase "they grow up so fast" is so true! It takes on a whole new meaning when they are your own babies!

ETA:
    Punctuation is hard...
  • Options
    kkdb14kkdb14 member
    LO started 'coo'-ing today while with my "SIL" for the day. I'm so irrationally pissed.... The one day I finally get a break, LO goes and has a milestone moment. :-w
  • Options
    btm013btm013 member
    CBHoneyB said:
    I seem to be having the opposite problem from others. I'm like a freaking dairy cow. Baby is eating well but sometimes have to pump before she can eat so she doesn't get sprayed since my milk shoots out like a water gun. I'm pumping 24/30 ounces a day and not even emptying myself when I pump. My boobs are so hard and sore. I wake up soaked every night and will soak through shirts and breast pads every 2/3 hours if I dont pump. If seems to be they only thing I am accomplishing. :/
    Cabbage leaves help with engorgement. It's rumored to decrease production so use sparingly.
  • Options
    btm013btm013 member
    Sammy K said:
    I put on non-maternity jeans today! Hell yeah!! I feel like a real human.
    Hating you a little bit haha ;)