March 2015 Moms

Red spot on leg

Has anybody seen anything like this or know what this is? She has two on this leg

Re: Red spot on leg

• emsillickemsillick member
    edited June 2015
    Not seen it myself but it's probably just a heat rash or a bit of a reaction to something as babies skin is so sensitive. My LO has sensitive skin like me and it is always dry!

I would check it out with your doctor, just because it pays to be over-cautious when they're so small and precious.
  • LcastoLcasto member
    It looks like a heat rash to me.. Just keep your eye on it for a bit, if it spreads, give your doctor a call.
  • Loading the player...
  • It could be eczema. Mine had a rash in his arm creases, leg creases, neck and diaper area. He runs super hot and does get heat rash - but that presents like little bumps that go away. We gave it a few days, but when the redness didn't go away we took him to the doctor. Just a day with the creams she prescribed and his spots are virtually gone. On him it started pink, would go from light - to so red it looked like a burn - and felt patchy and dry.

Hope that info helps! When I googled pictures of rashes the pictures are the most extreme cases!
  • This looks like the eczema my son gets on his leg - right behind his knee.  We put some Hydrocortisone cream on it & it usually goes away.  He always has a little something, but its worse in the heat of the summer.