March 2015 Moms

Nap time struggles!!!

My baby is 14 weeks. She has no trouble going to bed at night, and generally sleeps from about 11pm-7am. But she has trouble napping during the day when we are at home!!!! I've tried using the same conditions as night time. A dark quiet room in her bassinet, but she cries within minutes. If I put her down drowsy or asleep she wakes back up!!! She will sleep in my arms, on a walk, in the car, or at the mall. But there is something about being home that prevents her from sleeping!!! I can't go out ALL the time!!! Help! I'm at my wits end today!! Been trying to get her down for 7.5 hrs!!! :(
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Nap time struggles!!!

• LcastoLcasto member
    Oooh that's frustrating! I'm sorry, mama! Does she have a swing? It's kind of a lousy habit, but my son naps really well during the day in his swing.
  • I have the exact same problem! My LO goes into her bassinet awake and sleeps perfectly through the night without a peep. But nap time during the day is such a struggle. I wish I had some great advice other than what you're doing, but just keep trying. I've been fighting the nap battle for about 2 weeks and it is slowly improving.
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine does the same. She was doing well with her nap times before but now, forget it. Lately I've just done the same as bedtime routine (minus bath time), so i rock her while I feed her with lights turned down and AC cool, read her a book, give her her blankie while I rock her for a little until she falls asleep. Even though it's not for long bc when I put her down she's awake within minutes, but I am being persistent and consistent in hopes that she will get it in her routine again. Best of luck!
  • A child health nurse said to me that many babies hate being put to sleep on their backs but that's what you should do to minimise the risk of SIDS. She suggested to roll your baby onto its side in the bassinett and pat it's back or bum to calm it. Then when the baby is calm or asleep gently roll the baby so that it is safely on its back to sleep. It works sometimes for me.
  • shines721shines721 member
    edited July 2015
    I haven't commented on here yet - but it was so nice to stumble upon this! My son sleeps great through the night from about 8:30-6:30 when I go in to feed him because I need to take my husband to the train station, and all of a sudden nap time is so terrible! I have been trying to transition to the crib for naps so he can do it at night. He was taking two 1.5- 2 hour naps before.

I wish I had advice to offer but I'm also glad that I'm not going through it alone!
    For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him.
    1 Samuel 1:27
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Ya she used to have about 2-3 longish naps....then all of a sudden she stopped having ANY naps!! She may drift off in a swing, her chair or my arms for like 10 mins, but not long enough to get anything done!!! And if I try and put her in her crib drowsy after a feed, she immediately becomes alert and starts fussing. Hope this is just a phase!!!!!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers