Trying to Get Pregnant

When does your body know it's pregnant?

This is purely out of interest - is it only when implantation happens that your body starts doing anything different to what it would normally do each cycle? I mean I know this is that point that HCG is produced, but does your body l recognise conception when it happens and start gearing up for pregnancy? I.e. more progesterone or anything like that?

Part of me likes the idea that it's only at implantation, and that for a week or so there, that tiny little ball of cells is the only thing in the universe that knows it's there...

Re: When does your body know it's pregnant?

• Your follicle will produce Prgesterone when it releases the egg. Once fertilized, the egg implants itself in the uterine wall, where it is nourished by the uterine lining. In the ovary, the corpus luteum produces progesterone so that the egg can develop into a fetus. If the egg is not fertilized within 24 hours after its release from the ovary, it stops developing and dissolves before reaching the uterus. The absence of a fertilized egg causes the body to stop releasing the hormones that prepares the uterus for implantation. In response, the uterus sheds its lining over a period of four to five days in a process known as menstruation. 

So yes, your body does recognition conception but you will not.   My second DD did not have a heartbeat on my first ultrasound. She was still a ball of cells. I was 4 - 5 wks pregnant.  I did not have any symptoms such as nausea or sore boobs. I had went to the doc because I had a UTI and they did a pregnancy test before giving me meds. I had messed up my BC and had unprotected sex with my husband so I wanted to be sure before taking medications. 

• I think your body knows upon Implatation, how could it know any earlier? Implatation is 7-10 days after fertilization. Symptoms happen when you get enough hcg in your system, which usually happens around 20 days past ovukatuon. I read that in the impatient woman's guide to getting pregnant.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Loading the player...
  • TheBorg7of9TheBorg7of9 member
    edited June 2015
    Fepon24 said:

Your follicle will produce Prgesterone when it releases the egg. Once fertilized, the egg implants itself in the uterine wall, where it is nourished by the uterine lining. In the ovary, the corpus luteum produces progesterone so that the egg can develop into a fetus. If the egg is not fertilized within 24 hours after its release from the ovary, it stops developing and dissolves before reaching the uterus. The absence of a fertilized egg causes the body to stop releasing the hormones that prepares the uterus for implantation. In response, the uterus sheds its lining over a period of four to five days in a process known as menstruation. 

So yes, your body does recognition conception but you will not.   My second DD did not have a heartbeat on my first ultrasound. She was still a ball of cells. I was 4 - 5 wks pregnant.  I did not have any symptoms such as nausea or sore boobs. I had went to the doc because I had a UTI and they did a pregnancy test before giving me meds. I had messed up my BC and had unprotected sex with my husband so I wanted to be sure before taking medications. 

What do you mean when you say your body recognizes conception? Just wondering how it would recognize that? I think it only recognizes when the implanting baby starts to create progesterone on its own and takes over the job the corpus luteum was doing before.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• I feel like it's strange to personify your 'body' as if it's not yourself. We could be getting into some deep philosophical thoughts, here :))
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I swear to god the autocorrect on this site sucks balls. Ovukatuon? Wtf is that?

You know, if you didn't say anything I totally would have believed it was a word. Lol
    Me : 29, Proposal Manager/SAHWM to two fur babies 
    Fiance : 30, Federal Government
    Wedding : Sept 16, 2016
    NTNP : May 2015
    TTC#1 : Sept 2015

• If you read it in A book it has to be a real word!!! Lol
  • My vote is for implantation.