3rd Trimester

Baby measuring 7lbs at 35 weeks!

Doctor measured my belly two weeks ahead so we had a growth ultrasound. It estimated baby was weighing 7lbs already! Anyine else have this issue? What did your doctor do? How was your delivery outcome?

Answers

• Agreed. My daughter was supposed to be really big according to the growth ultrasound. She was 7 lbs 5.6 oz born on her due date. It was within the margin of error...
  • Mines is measuring 8 lbs at 37 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • With my 1st I was told he was going to weigh 11 he ended up weighing 10.8 lbs and 21 in at 38.6 weeks it was accurate but I had preclampsia and I had him natural so our bodies are made for this oh btw I was 123 b4 him 5'7 I went up to 178 so almost 60 lbs I was all baby and water mainly
  • DS was born at 35+6 weighing 7 lbs 1 oz. My doctor was shocked he was that big, but I wasn't.
  • EVERYONE comments on how big my belly is! UGH! Im 5'3 and i have only gained 25 total so far for the pregnancy so iys not like I have had and excessive amount of weight gain. No GD. fluid level look normal according to the US tech and my daughter was only 6.9lb full term. My belly was huge with her too though: ( Just nervous he will get to big and i will end up having a csection: (
  • My son was born at 39w5d and he was a big 9.7 lbs... They estimated his weight to be 7.5-8 lbs no bigger.., you can't really go by estimates ! I wouldn't worry (: ! P.s big babies are awesome !
  • Not a big deal, in my opinion. My baby is measuring almost 7 pounds at 36 weeks and the doctor said it was normal. Plus, the ultrasounds can be off by like 2 pounds so don't rely heavily on them.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • dominican22dominican22 member
    edited July 2015