July 2015 Moms

Insomnia

how many of you are dealing with insomnia right now? And how are you combating it? I'm so tired all the time, but cannot fall asleep at night nor can I take naps. When I try to nap, I just end up lying there. Help!

Re: Insomnia

• Same thing has been happening to me for a few weeks. Everyone says get sleep before baby is here but I can't! Good luck!!
  • It's a real B!tch!! My mind doesn't know how to shut up! Anyhow. Try showering before, eat a banana. Maybe some soft music. Also bendryl can help as well. I'm so moody and dragging all day because of this. And then when it's time for bed I'm wide awake! Never could take naps during the day but would be nice once in a while.
  • Loading the player...
  • Same issue here but I fall asleep fine and then my toddlers wake me up in the middle of the night and I can't go back to sleep ... So I end up waking up for the day at like 2 am .... Sucks so bad! Good luck, think of if as preparing us for those long nights ;)
  • I usually go to sleep around 10 pm & wake up at 3am when my bf gets ready to leave for work. It takes me about 2-3 hours to get back to sleep. I really don't know anything that can help with this. Like posted above it's just our bodies preparing us for when the baby arrives. :)
  • Well it's 4am here and I'm wide awake mine is my mind too, I can't stop thinking!
  • Unisom!!! It works I recently started taking it like 2 weeks ago and it works wonders for me! I can still get up with my 1 year old at midnight , 2 am and 5 am without any problem. It just helps me get a deeper sleep while I am. Makes me feel more rested! I wish I would have listened to my doctor sooner! Good luck girls
  • Considering its 4:10 here, I'd say I'm not doing a bang up job! Naps if I can get comfortable enough are the only solution.
  • Ugh...it sucks. I wake uo every night between 2-3 to pee...and i hardly ever fall back asleep until close to 5-6 in the morning. I try to think of it as practice for when little nugget gets here and wakes in the middle of the night. Cheers for sleep we do get sometimes! I-)
  • I wake up between 4-5 every Morning! It's annoying! I try Benadryl but that doesn't keep me sleep for too long. I guess it's our bodies preparing us for our little ones.
  • I've been having terrible nightmares all pregnancy.  :(  Probably woke up six times last night... 
  • I cant tell my body to sleep. If I fall asleep at all it has to be an accident. So if I dont think about it and try to stay up I might get some rest here and there. Cant stay sleep long either smh
  • Julz81Julz81 member

Yep been dealing with it all week!!

BFP: 04/03/2014  EDD: 12/15/2014  HB: 04/30/14 (75bpm) MC: 5/2/2014 (natural)

BabyFetus Ticker

• rw3190rw3190 member

I cannot sleep because I am in pain

But I will say its taking me alotttttttttt longer to fall asleep. My brain is working in overdrive.

I write down all the things that are going thru my mind and leave myself notes for things Im concered I'll forget to do. I also lay out my work stuff, pack my lunch and prep for work the next day -the night before.