March 2015 Moms
Options

Ear infection?

I recently had to switch my LO doctor because the one she had misdiagnosed her but he didn't even check her out. She had a virus and the new doctor found it and then she got a cold at the end of the virus and now the doctor said she has an ear infection. She never has a temp and doesn't pull at her ear and she's not fussy. Has anybody's LO had an ear infection and how did they act?

Re: Ear infection?

• Options
    edited June 2015
    My first one was born with a cleft lip and palate, so it was constant ear infections. I mean constant. Her first was when she was a week and a half old. I always knew she was getting one when she would cry during feelings and when she cried whenever I laid her down. She would have to sleep in her coarsest because being flat hurt her.
  • Options
    My firstborn would get fevers with ear infections, didn't like to lay flat, fussy at the breast. Her pediatrician did say that most Drs will not prescribe meds for mild ear infections, that sometimes it's best to let the child fight it off. Of course, they're the best judge of that. It's definitely a good idea to get it checked out, as prolonged and frequent ear infections can cause a wide range of problems.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My first and third babys (both boys) had so my ear infections that they had to have tubes. When they got theirs they would get a fever, cry all the time. Not want to eat, but when they did fanilly eat they would through it up.