December 2014 Moms

Food Schedule help?!?

edited June 2015 in December 2014 Moms
hey moms! What are you all feeding your babies. I've already started the "first foods" of the gerber baby food but wanted to know what everyone's food schedule looked like? I'm still breastfeeding as well. When do we substitute food instead of breast feeding? When do I move on to the "second stage of food" and how much solids do I give him a day??!

Re: Food Schedule help?!?

• About how much to give him, ask your pediatrician. Just to be sure.My daughters doc agrees 1st foods such as turkey,chicken,beef are good for babies to supplement iron. I do solids once a day either lunch or dinner and feed her 2 oz of "meat" 2 oz of fruit. The rest of the day its milk. Not sure for how much longer I will keep this schedule but it works for us. Good luck love .. I think you should find something that feels right and your sweetie pie agrees with.
  • My pediatrician said to let my son decide how much or how little baby food he ate. So if he really seemed to like it he could eat 3 "meals" a day if i wanted to do that. So I BF him now on a 4 hour schedule, 6am, 10am, 2pm, and 6pm with baby food in between and he does great with it. As far as when to move up stages, I mostly make all of my own baby food so it already tends to be thicker than stage one foods to begin with and he has been eating that just fine since around 5 months. I think it all really just depends on what your baby's personal preference is, some may not like the thickness of stage 2 where others don't have a problem with it.