Birth Stories

False Labour or Not? Help

I have been debating about going to l&d for two days now to get checked out because I'm just not sure what's going on. I have mild abdominal cramping and lower back pain, constant need to use the rest room (not peeing either), have had irregular contractions for a month now. My mucus plug passed a week ago. I also have a re accruing headache and lots of swelling in my hands and feet.

Little bit of a story. I'm currently 38 & 6 first time mom; I haven't had an ultrasound since my 19th week.
I have no idea if my due date is right; my due date has changed 4 times in my pregnancy and I have switched obgyns since my 22 week. It's been 35 weeks since the day I found out I was pregnant, at which point I was told I was 7 weeks along.

Is it possible that I'm in false labour or very over due? I am very uncomfortable and looking for some guidance.

Re: False Labour or Not? Help

• Better to get checked out and to know than to have an emergency. Can you call your doctor/midwife and ask their opinion on whether you should go in?

My mother in law had really minor symptoms and ended up giving birth in a car on the side of the highway because she didn't go in soon enough!