November 2015 Moms

So angry I could hit someone

edited June 2015 in November 2015 Moms
So last night I felt a gush of liquid I had a sleepless night of anxiety and was told to go to the hospital by my doctors office since they close at noon on Fridays and didn't get my message until 1130. After finding out everything was fine and that I just had a small infection I had to go have routine ultrasound which turned out great, the hospital radiologist isn't allowed to comment on anything other than the fact that the baby's health which btw was great but when we got between the legs he said "I'm not seeing anything here if that means anything to you"(and winked) Yay a little GIRL!!! When I was finally able to call my boyfriend whose out of town with some friends(he was fine with me finding out) he hung up on me and got upset because we aren't having a boy :( like seriously me and baby are both healthy and everything I had spent all day and night worrying about was nothing and you get upset over that ughh sorry for the essay ladies

Re: So angry I could hit someone

• I'm glad to hear little one is ok! I'm sure that was so scary for you!! I have no good advice for you on how to deal with the boyfriend situation, I'm sorry, that's hard! I know that a lot of men just picture themselves with a son and have to readjust their thinking to having a daughter. Hopefully he will quickly realize that a daughter is a wonderful thing to have :)
  • Hopefully by the time he returns from his guys weekend he'll calm down I'm dealing with my anger by buying clothes for the little one :)
  • Loading the player...
  • KeHill08KeHill08 member
    edited June 2015
    I'm glad everything is ok! Hopefully he comes around soon. Girls can do "boy" stuff too! My sister and I would go fishing with my dad and play in a pile of dirt with tools and were perfectly happy doing that. When he sees her for the first time, he will fall in love I bet!
  • The fact that he is disappointed it's a girl isn't ideal but people do have preferences sometimes. What bothers me is that he seemed more moved by that news then the news that you and baby are okay and that when he got upset he hung up on you. What adult does that?
    DS- June 2009

Pregnancy Ticker
  • WTAF...? Dude needs to grow up.
    Me: 28, DH: 40
    Married 9/28/13
    DS born 11/12/15
    EDD 8/13/18
  • helsbels222helsbels222 member
    edited June 2015
    So happy to hear that you and your little girl are okay. That was quite a scare you had. Now as for your boyfriend, I am disturbed by his reaction. Doesn't he know that it's HIS chromosome that determines the baby's sex? Tell him it's his own fault he's not having a boy! Ugh, hope he comes to his senses soon.

*edited because of stupid autocorrect.
  • I'm sorry you're dealing with this! I am thrilled that you and your baby girl are doing great! I hope your boyfriend realizes that he is the one who made the girl! Good luck mama!
  • Gender/sex disappointment happens to BOTH mothers and fathers. I don't understand you ladies taking it to the extreme. So what if he had his heart set on a boy? I'm sure once the baby is born he will love it just the same!! I know his reaction wasn't ideal but I really think you should give him a little time to realize he's having a girl. I'm sure he'll be a great dad regardless of his first reaction.
  • I missed the part where he hung up on her. I agree he shouldn't have done that and should have been more concerned with her health and well being.

@anikajoy I'm not saying it isn't stupid, but some people can't help that initial reaction of not getting what they were hoping for. Yes, he should have been happy everything was ok and the baby was healthy and fine. That part does make him an ass. I'm just saying sometimes people don't react the way we hope them to. I just don't think that's any reason for some of these comments.
  • My husband and I are in our early 30s. He doesn't have any biological children of his own. I have health problems that made conception a little difficult this time around. This will be my 3rd. My other two are 12 & 13. Him and I have been working at this for 9 years.

Naturally, he wanted a boy. A son to carry his name, legacy... Yadda yadda. My daughter often brought up wanting a sister. (My son wants a boy) This wasn't exactly an ideal conversation for hubby. He would get upset at my daughter and I. (Not mad... Almost disappointed) It was as if he believed that if we talked about it being a girl, that would make the baby a girl. LOL He finally got a grip and came to terms that is really is a 50-50 shot. Talking, praying, dwelling on it wouldn't change baby's gender.
    We found out 2wks ago that we're having a boy. While my daughter isn't thrilled, all he could do was smile (and get mildly emotional) at the appointment.

All in all, there isn't anything you can do to change baby's gender. This man has some serious issues. I'd be livid if I was treated like that! I'm so very happy that you and baby are healthy! That is so scary! And I'm sorry you went through that alone! Good luck to you on whatever you decide to do with your baby-daddy! Hugs!
  • jasbaby2jasbaby2 member
    edited June 2015
    anikajoy said:

brooke785 said:

Gender/sex disappointment happens to BOTH mothers and fathers. I don't understand you ladies taking it to the extreme. So what if he had his heart set on a boy? I'm sure once the baby is born he will love it just the same!! I know his reaction wasn't ideal but I really think you should give him a little time to realize he's having a girl. I'm sure he'll be a great dad regardless of his first reaction.

I don't even care that he was disappointed. I don't really get it, but it happens. He treated op terribly. He was angry and hung up on her. That's a terrible way to behave and to me that's the real problem. If I called my husband about medical issues and he responded by getting angry and hanging up on me I would be reconsidering who I'm married to. We don't behave like that.

I messed up this quoting sorry.
    DS- June 2009

Pregnancy Ticker
  • brooke785 said:

Gender/sex disappointment happens to BOTH mothers and fathers. I don't understand you ladies taking it to the extreme. So what if he had his heart set on a boy? I'm sure once the baby is born he will love it just the same!! I know his reaction wasn't ideal but I really think you should give him a little time to realize he's having a girl. I'm sure he'll be a great dad regardless of his first reaction.

Just because it happens to both mothers and fathers doesn't make it right. I don't think anyone here "took it to the extreme" - not even sure what you mean by that comment. Guy is acting like a jerk and it deserves to be said.
  • brooke785 said:

Just because it happens to both mothers and fathers doesn't make it right. I don't think anyone here "took it to the extreme" - not even sure what you mean by that comment. Guy is acting like a jerk and it deserves to be said.
    *DIRTY LURKER*

I'm happy you and your LO are okay and healthy! And congrats on your baby girl! But I can't agree with that enough ^^ yes it happens, my fiancé was mildly disappointed when we found out it was a girl but you know what that meant? He said damn we'll have to try again later, but that little girl is my princess so IDGAF how she pisses. And he kisses my belly and told her he loves her no matter what. Hanging up and throwing a bit** fit when something could have been terribly wrong is disgusting.