July 2015 Moms
Options

Has anyone else been taking weekly bump photos?

MrsJIsbellMrsJIsbell member
edited June 2015 in July 2015 Moms
I found out a bit late but I started taking weekly baby bump pics at 20 weeks. I switched it up to every 2 weeks in the 3rd tri; honestly did it because I am running out of cute outfits and ideas for my chalkboard.

Anyway I'm using the pics to make a Bump to Birth book for myself documenting my pregnancy. I've been working on it all day and am so excited I had to share.

Are you guys doing anything special to document your pregnancy? Feel free to share any bump pics! I love pictures and am always looking for new poses, lol

This is what I have so far...

Re: Has anyone else been taking weekly bump photos?

• Options
    I have since i found out (later, at 14 weeks), but nothing fancy like yours. Just generic bump pics on instagram that look like shit in comparison. 
    DD1: 3.27.2003
    DD2: 9.7.2008
    DS: 8.4.2015

• Options
    Cute! You definitely are doing better then I am haha I just take one...whenever I remember haha
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I took some but I pretty much look the same every week so I don't keep up on it Example week 14 vs week 31
    DS #1 Born 01/23/09
    Married 03/18/10
    DS #2 Born 05/19/11
    DS #3 Due 07/26/15

• Options
    Yeah I started taking mine at 11 weeks but have skipped some weeks in between since my belly looked exactly the same in some of them as the prior week. . Mine are just of me standing in front of the mirror nothing to fancy
  • Options
    I have tried to do every week since I found out at 4 weeks. Even tho I really didn't start to show till 8 or 9 weeks. But it's just me sideways (as seen in pics) but that's such a cute idea! I was just gonna put my pics in a scrap book like they are. I didn't do anything cute with it.
  • Options
    KAR8706 said:

On the June board, a girl made a super cute video from daily pics and its amazing!

I'm geez! The dogs waiting made me tear up, lmao!
  • Options
    That's awesome.  I am doing every now and then pics.  This is from week 20 & week 30

Mom to one in heaven. Mom to one here on Earth.

BFP - 12/1
    First U/S - 12/11 Saw heartbeat
    Second U/S - 12/18 HR 120 BPM 
    Third U/S - 12/23/2014 HR 150 BPM

Due Date - 8/8/2015 
    Arrival Date - 8/3/2015 - Asher David 8 lbs 5 oz 21 1/2"

• Options
    OMG I've seen that video it's too cute!!
    I honestly blame Pinterest for me going all out like this. I saw the girls with their chalkboards and I thought it was super cute! Then someone mentioned there's an app that you can use to build a hard cover book of IG pics so I thought it would be a good idea. I'm honestly over out at this point but I've come this far, lol
  • Options
    Lol that's how I am with scrap booking! I buy the book and all these cute things... And then I start it and the first 3 pages I'm like "oh this is so fun I can't wait to see it when it's done... Then after a couple more I'm like okay.. This sucks I just want to be done!
  • Options
    I have been taking weekly bump pics since six weeks! I haven't even thought about documenting it in a book. Now I want to! It truly is crazy to look back to when there wasn't a bump. The other day I had my husband take some of my naked (but to the side and covering my nipples) I actually love them but won't show anyone. I guess I could put them in that book too? I live on Pinterest and haven't ran into this I am truly amazed!
  • Options

@mirrenrue I would love to do a nudie bump pic but I don't have a good spot in the apt. There's a pretty nice waterfall nearby and it's only like a mile hike I think. I've been wanting to go out there to take some nice bikini shots.

You should definitely make a book for yourself. I only saw the chalkboard idea on Pinterest. I had hubs take a few pics of me each time I made a new chalkboard. It was my aunt who told me about the app that helps you build the book. She was just talking about like random good selfies or whatever. I just decided it would be a good idea for all the bump pics I had.
    Good luck with yours, I'm sure it'll turn out great!
  • Options
    Nothing special like that but I've taken a pic from week 6 when we found out. Week 17 comparison to 36
  • Options
    @mrsjisbell which website did you use to make your book? I'm going to make one in Shutterfly, unless someone has a better suggestion.
  • Options
    @MrsJIsbell what app did your aunt tell you about?
  • Options
    Simple Prints is the name of the app that you can build the book from. All the pictures are in my I iPhone and I used several photo editing/collage apps to arrange the photos then I added them and centered them into the Simple Prints book. I hope that made sense, I have a bit of a headache right now got some reason.
  • Options
    Yes! Thank you and hope the headache goes away soon! :-)
  • Options
    I've been taking weekly pics and weigh ins since 5 weeks. I take a side shot and then a front shot. I make a sign with the # of weeks then hold up a pic of the fruit of the week depicting the baby's size. I'm in the same dress so that I can line each pic up and see the progression. The last pic will be me holding my baby boy... Then I'll create a book like you!

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    @mrsrep123 that sounds awesome! I love the one's I've seen that are done that way, where momma is wearing the same outfit and then is holding baby. It's like a time lapse and it shows how much the bump has grown really well!!
  • Options
    I did the whole chalk board thing with my first, but gotta say with this one I'm slacking. It's just much harder this time with taking care of a busy 16 month old...don't have time to do all the cutesy things I did the first time. Oh well...baby won't know the difference!! Not like I did anything with those pics anyway...it is kinda fun to go back and compare my belly last time to this time (the few photos I do have) since we don't know the gender of this one!!
  • Options
    @MrsJIsbell thanks! Yeah, I have an app on my phone and I'll randomly put two or three pics side by side to compare... Like week 10, 20 & 30! So fun to see the progression.

@mamaklemond, couldn't imagine trying to do ANYTHING pregnant with a toddler. I always give it up to the STMs... You ladies are like superwoman! But, like you said, how fun it would be to compare pics at the same week with each pregnancy! If there's a next time for me, I'll definitely strive to still do the "cutesy" things!

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17