April 2014 Moms

LO's New Tricks

What new tricks is your LO doing now?

I'm always so surprised by the rate of growth and development.  Anyone else in size 5 diapers yet?  J can't seem to not pee out the top of his.  That's a new trick unto itself.

Currently he claps his hands independently when something excites him, mimics the woofing on the See N Say, bounces to music, plays independently, and signs for more, all done, and milk.  He also waves when you say Bye Bye and blows kisses then too.  He does a lot of mimicking!

He also walked through the house yesterday looking exactly like ET.

What fun things is your LO surprising you with?
Sporty1216

Re: LO's New Tricks

• Climbing everything! I swear she's a little billy goat. Chairs, the craft table, the sofa, the beds, rocks at the park, foot stools. I'm constantly taking her down from places.

She also does more animal noises now, which is fun. She loves bird watching and can spot a bird from pretty far away. It's impressive. She also copies everything her brother does, with is sometimes adorable and sometimes not so good.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
    Sporty1216smushi
  • Talltrees82Talltrees82 member
    edited June 2015
    LO is finally pulling to stand! Yay!!! He can't figure out how to sit back down, but he's loving it and clearly so pleased with himself :)

He's waving, pointing, and I saw him clap his hands once. He will really concentrate and focus on a toy or activity that piques his interest. He really shows a range of emotions- my favourite is how excited he is to sit in his wagon and motions for me to make it move! He's started to really show attachment to DH, this week he had a meltdown and only wanted Daddy!
    Sporty1216
  • Loading the player...
  • It's crazy how quickly they are learning at this age! I love it, but it makes me few like I need to teach dd everything!

She waves when you say see you later. She just learned how to say hot and uh oh. She sings back when I sing la la la la la. She also just started taking our phones and holding them up to her ear as if she was on the phone.

She is also a crazy climber, it's absolutely terrifying!!!!
    Sporty1216
  • Yes to the climbing. On everything. All the time. He waves bye bye to everyone we see. He barks back at the neighbor's dogs--and when asked what a doggy says. He pretends to snap and makes a clicking noise with his mouth. That ie cracks me up because I have no idea where it came from. He dances to a good beat. And he points and says "kee-kat" when he sees a cat. It is so fun!
  • C took her first steps this weekend!!!! She is also communicating a lot more with us- typically in the form of whining or crying haha.

Sporty1216Talltrees82
  • She walks all over, waves bye, maybe blows kisses, and talks on anything like it is a phone lol. Still waiting on words but I'm excited for that
    Sporty1216
  • ksulliksulli member
    Waves and says 'hiiii' to anything she sees (human, animal, vehicle, we don't discriminate)

Tells me 'ah du' with the sign for 'all done' mostly regarding food from her high chair, but sometimes when she's had enough of the car.

Goes over to our speakers and says 'da, da' meaning, "turn on the music, I want to dance" and then busts the least coordinated moves ever.

Climbs everything- up into a chair and then onto a desk is her current favorite.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
    kmos816Sporty1216
  • Holding things up to his ear is my favorite right now. haha  He is starting to mimic everything! I have to start watching what I am doing. He saw me on the step stool and stood up on it too. He tries to blow his mobile around like I do when I change his diaper. He throws the tennis ball to our dog. However, his favorite thing to do right now is shake his head no.  All of a sudden it's "no" to most everything I ask him.  What a goof!
    Sporty1216
  • Our dog's name is deuce so every time she sees a dog she yells deuce. Everything is uh oh and she waves bye bye. I love watching her do new stuff everyday!
    Sporty1216
  • Dd just started shaking her head no yesterday. Both cute and frustrating at the same time :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
    Sporty1216Bperkun
  • Lots of new words, she just started to say tickle when she wants to be tickled which is super cute
    Sporty1216smushi
  • And....... We just opened doorknobs now....
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh, the doorknobs. I was not happy about that one! And lo figured out how to open our cupboards, which have handles that have a button you have to push to release the latch. Baby proofing is getting real!
    Suzanne237
  • Seriously @Sporty1216 !? Knows how use the baby proof latches? Oh geez. I def try to open the cupboards quick so he doesn't see how I did it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My little guy figured out how to lock the door the other day while I was outside! Thank goodness my husband was home
  • Seriously @Sporty1216 !? Knows how use the baby proof latches? Oh geez. I def try to open the cupboards quick so he doesn't see how I did it.

Well, not baby proof latches, but latches that are built into the cupboard handles. You just have to push a button in the handle as you go to open the cupboard. But yeah. I thought it would be longer before he figured those out. So now everything is tied shut by looping cloth napkins through the handles. It's so attractive. Haha.
    Suzanne237
  • I had some of our cabinet doors with knobs tied together with a rubber band and LO figured out how to grab the rubber band and get it off. I watched him find the rubber band, and thought it was no biggie, then he undid it like it was nothin! These little stinkers are watching us so closely! Smart little cookies!
    Sporty1216Bperkun
  • I can't believe how fast they learn things!! The newest tricks DD has been doing is pointing out her head, ears, eyes, nose, mouth, belly, fingers, legs, and toes (different order everytime). Also, signing more, please, thank you/you're welcome, and hungry. My favorite that keeps getting better is follow simple instructions. I'll say go get your Minnie (doesn't matter where we are in the house but she runs to get her Minnie), or go get me a book, throw your diaper in the garbage, turn around (to get out of her bath), sit down (to put on shoes), give me kisses, etc. They are so darn smart!!
    Married: 2012 --- BFP: 2013 - Little Miss arrived: 2014 --- BFP #2: 2015 - EDD: 2/2016 (Team Green)
  • Isn't it so fun watching them learn and figure this stuff out?! We have most of the same new tricks with the body parts and simple instructions, but his newest is when we say "show me your muscles" he tries to flex and makes this funny smushed up face then just laughs at himself. It's so funny :).
    They are at such a fun age!
    Sporty1216