January 2016 Moms

Multiples check in 6/13

Happy Saturday everyone. I realize there are a TON of ladies in this group who are expecting twins so I wanted a way for us to be able to connect while still being part of this group. I love the Jan 2016 club! So here's a daily check in for carrying twins, triplets, etc.

1. How far along are you?
2. What are the ages of your other children?
3. What was your initial reaction when finding out?
4. Are you showing already?
5. What symptoms are you having this morning?
6. Do twins run I'm your family?

GTKY - What's the best thing you've craved so far?

Here's mine
1. I'm exactly 9 weeks today
2. My son is 12 and my 2 step children (I hate that word) are 11 and 8
3. I was frozen in shock. I asked the Dr if she was certain. Then I laughed. Then I cried. Then I was over the moon excited and happy and wanted to tell the world but I couldn't because we are waiting until the 2nd trimester although I've told a small group of people.
4. Yes, I'm showing already. Had to buy bigger shirts because my breasts are humongous! My hips and this have spread so my pants don't zip and I have a small pouch. No more tight fitting clothes.
5. I have the hiccups a lot. Not continuously but about 1 hiccup every 30 mins to an hour. All day everyday. Intense thirst and hungry when I first awake. No nausea or vomiting.
6. Yes. I'm an identical twin and there is a set of fraternal twins on my father's side but 1 passed at birth.

GTKY. I don't know if this is the best but the craziest thing I've craved was jack in the box tacos. We all know how disgustingly unhealthy those things are but I wanted them so badly and got them. Hadn't had them in years but they were delicious to me. I'm ashamed lol.
1st child DOB 9/3/02

SO and I met 6/25/06

Married 9/2/12

Due date 1/16/16 with our twins!

Re: Multiples check in 6/13

• 1. How far along are you? 10 weeks 4 days
    2. What are the ages of your other children? We have three girls ages 5 1/2, 3 1/2, and 2.
    3. What was your initial reaction when finding out? I got an early ultrasound because I thought I was miscarrying and I think I was so relieved that I wasn't that I was excited for two. My dh not so much lol, but he is now.
    4. Are you showing already? A little bit, but it's more I look like I've gained weight, not a cute bump yet.
    5. What symptoms are you having this morning? Nausea and sore boobs. I get nauseous when I'm hungry, so I have to eat but then nothing sounds good.
    6. Do twins run I'm your family? They don't run in our family, but they do now I guess!!

GTKY - What's the best thing you've craved so far? Right now it's breakfast sandwiches. I just went to the store and bought Jimmy Dean sausage and egg sandwiches for the freezer because I want to eat them all the time and they are delicious. ;)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thanks for responding JenBug116. I love those Jimmy dean breakfasts sandwiches!
    1st child DOB 9/3/02

SO and I met 6/25/06

Married 9/2/12

• Loading the player...
  • Kelley421Kelley421 member
    edited June 2015
    1. 7w4d with triplets
    2. 9y/o DD
    3. Complete shock, tears, oh my gods and oh shits were said!
    4. Yes, I'm bloated terribly, softened up and maybe wider? Even though I've lost a few pounds. Uterus just feels HEAVY!
    5. Morning sickness now partly controlled with diclegis and zofran, constipation.
    6. This was science and God, there are no multiples in my family at all.

GTKY: cheese enchiladas! Today and yesterday! I can't say I'm eating terribly healthy at this point, I am glad to be eating anything. Whatever seems like it will stay down and somewhat appetizing I will eat!

Two years, two losses and three IUIs...

We are having TRIPLETS!

EDD 1/26/16

GGB born November 2015!

• 1. 8 weeks today.
    2. I'm a first time mom. Hubby has 2 girls 8 & 12.
    3. We had IVF & had 2 embros transferred I went to ER when I was 5w5d due to bad bleeding and there was 3 sacs 2 of which had egg sacs. My first thought was OMG they both stuck!!!! This is really gonna happen!!!
    4. I have noticed that I am feeling n looking bloated I have noticed changes but nothing overly not icicle yet.
    5. Not really any symptoms. At first nauseous a lot sore tatas. Now it is pressure in my lower abdomen lower back gets a bit sore and tatas have gotten a bit larger.
    6. Twins run in my family every other generation it is my generations turn I was only one without kids but we did have IVF.
    GTKY: nothing really just food. For the first few weeks it was cheese hotdogs and baked beans.
  • Love this!

1. I am 9 weeks tomorrow
    2. My son is 20 months
    3. We did a frozen embryo transfer and knew twins were possible bc we transfered two (after the previous month of two not working). I think we were both in total shock. Then I cried telling my mom. I have ZERO eggs and we used a donor for our eggs. We dont like to get too excited bc we are always scared...but geez...what do you say to twins?!?! Ha! Very excited, though!
    4. Kinda....I have really bad bloat towards my ribcage and I had that forever the first time. My lower belly is harder and my stretch marks are getting more red, so obviously I'm growing. It's hard to tell bc I carry my babies in the front.
    5. Horrible morning sickness. Once it starts, it does not stop. I'm on two meds and that barely helps....at least I'm reminded I'm pregnant.
    6. We did donor egg IVF. So, babies are a miracle and we transfered two.

GTKY: breakfast tacos and hot wind baked potatoes. Both things that make me puke...but I cannot stop!
  • km110km110 member
    1. I am 10 weeks tomorrow.
    2. We have a six month old boy.
    3. We gave up on ivf a year ago. Had one frozen embryo left but it was too depressing and I felt we were on the wrong path. We started the adoption process (after 3 failures, the last one was identical twins, and thinking maybe kids were not in our future we got the best call ever!) and adopted our amazing son 6 months ago. We are moving out of state and didn't want to pay storage but couldn't toss our last embryo so we transferred it with zero hope of it working. I felt great like I had closed a chapter of my life, checked it off the moving list and was SHOCKED 2 weeks later to find out I was pregnant. Then even more shocked at our US to find out our one embryo split and we are having identical twins. (I think I yelled holy shit and asked about 10 times if they were sure). I wish I could say we were excited when we found out but we were completely overwhelmed! We have a six month old and I was freaked out about three babies! But now we are really excited and soooo happy that we were already in the process of moving closer to home!
    4. I can tell but to others I look like I am gaining weight.
    5. I am starving and thirsty all the time. As long as I keep eating and drinking I can keep the other symptoms away for the most part. Lots of cramping the past few days.
    6. No twins in our fam.

I have been craving a Chicago style hotdog but haven't had one yet (maybe tomorrow). Go to snack is string cheese.
  • Thanks for starting this!

1. I am 7 weeks tomorrow.
    2. I will be a first time mama. My DSDs are 7 & 10.
    3. Very excited. We transferred 2 embryos with an IVF cycle so knew this was a possibility, but I just didn't think it would happen on my first cycle! Since finding out last week my feelings have been all over the board, ranging from pure joy to scared out of my freakin mind. 
    4. No, too early for me. I have, however, gained a few pounds since starting IVF in March. My jeans are fitting tighter & I'm feeling a little less than sexy right now.
    5. Tired, tired, tired aaaaaaand tired. Also some cramping on and off. 
    6. Nope

I have been craving meat, which is notable because I've been a vegetarian for many years. I've given in and have slowly been introducing meat into my diet. I feel it's the best thing for my growing babies and who would've known how damn good ham tasted!
    ME (31) DH (44) DSD (10) DSD (7)

IVF following failed VR.....

"The snow falls, each flake in its appropriate place."

Pregnancy Ticker
  • CayChiCayChi member
    1. How far along are you? 7weeks, 4 days today

2. What are the ages of your other children? First time mom- my husband has 13 and 22 year old (and 7mo old grandbaby!)

3. What was your initial reaction when finding out? Thrilled, scared, excited, nervous.

4. Are you showing already? No, my belly may be a little bloated... But no baby bump yet. Gained maybe 1-2lbs to date

5. What symptoms are you having this morning? Had cramps early on, but they went away when I forced more water in my daily intake. Nausea, but no vomiting. The most annoying part - needing/wanting to eat every 1-2 hours (so I don't feel sick) but then nothing sounding appetizing!

6. Do twins run I'm your family? Nope. IVF fresh transfer post hubby vasectomy (with prev marriage).

GTKY - What's the best thing you've craved so far? Stereotypical pregnancy food - pickles, ice cream, hot dogs (of course Chicago style) and my morning fav bagels with smoked salmon.
  • 1. 10w 6d
    2. No other children
    3. So excited, crying and DH jumping around the room crying and laughing.
    4.Yes definitely showing! I can't fit into my jeans and people are starting to notice.
    5. I vomit every morning without fail, nauseous all day and doesn't matter what I do. So tired all the time too!
    6. No, we used clomid and first cycle blessed with twins.
    GTKY: no cravings, just so many aversions! All I can stomach is mainly carbs. Any strong flavours makes me vomit.
  • We have Very similar stories my fresh ivf did not take FET did my hubby also had vasectomy after first 2. I'm 8w1d today.
  • Yay! I love this idea.
    1. How far along are you?
    -8 weeks today!

2. What are the ages of your other children?
    -First time mommy and daddy (:

3. What was your initial reaction when finding out?
    -well I told my husband and mom while walking in the doctors office that I had a feeling we were having twins. My mom of course was saying no and that it was just one. The 2 babies popped up on the big screen and instantly started crying! With joy! (: my mom was also crying and husband was shocked! Lol his reply was "I'm gonna have to ask for a raise!" But we are all very excited!

4. Are you showing already?
    -not a cute little bump yet, but definitely bloating.

5. What symptoms are you having this morning?
    -I feel so good this morning! I have been volunteering at a camp this past week and got home yesterday about 5. Been asleep since 9 this morning. So I feel very rested!

6. Do twins run I'm your family?
    -there are a couple sets on my husband's side and my dad's side.. but I was taking Clomid due to PCO (polycystic ovaries)

GTKY - What's the best thing you've craved so far?
    - ya know the hot box foods? Like the food at the convenient stores?? Lol I crave those.....burritos, pizza pockets, tornados, chicken strips....yeah not the best.
  • cmae6cmae6 member
    1 - 10 weeks today!
    2 - first timers
    3 - disbelief! The doctor asked us if we saw what she saw and we both said umm no. She replied oh well there is two! We both responded at the same time "oh yeah". Too shocked to say much more!
    4 - yes I am now showing a little but can hide with a blouse
    5 - my great grandmother had twins but none since her
    Gtky - ham and muenster cheese sandwich on a Kaiser bun with submarine dressing. Odd because I've been vegetarian for the last 5 years!

Thanks for asking!! Fun to read about other people having multiples!!
  • lq84lq84 member
    1. 9 weeks 1 day
    2. 5 and 1
    3. I was so shocked. I cried the entire day we found out and needed a few days to process it before it sunk in that there are really two babies in my belly. I'm nervous and scared but also excited. It is going to be a big life changer moving from two to four!
    4. Yes, I started showing at 8 weeks. I showed really early in my second pregnancy too. It's like my body just knows what is coming and what it is supposed to do.
    5. My nausea seems to be getting a little better. I'm beyond exhausted though. I just want to lay in bed all day which is so unlike me.
    6. No twins in my family at all. That's part of why I was so shocked. I just never thought twins a possibility.

I have been craving chopped salads. I've eaten one a day at least for the past few weeks. It's crazy to crave something healthy. My last two pregnancies, I was all about cheeseburgers and chocolate chip cookies!
  • nanampnanamp member
    This is fun!

1. Dates keep changing...maybe 7 weeks 4 days?
    2. First timers.
    3. My husband and I kind of laughed. He was tearing up a bit.
    4. I am super bloated and have definitely put on a bunch of weight already. I am constantly hungry.
    5. Really sore boobs. We are having a massive birthday party and graduation today and I'm really scared of all the hugs squashing my boobs. Also need to hide my extra bloat and this is going to be at the beach!
    6. No twins in the family. Really have no idea how this happened.

GTKY - I generally get all my carbs from things like broccoli and sweet potatoes. Now, I've been having pizza, pasta, and/or super bready sandwiches every day.
  • @lq84 is your edd 1/16/16? I'm 9w 1d today as well.
    1st child DOB 9/3/02

SO and I met 6/25/06

Married 9/2/12

• lq84lq84 member
    edited June 2015
    @keshakdavis that is my edd too!! Although they said they wouldn't let me go past January 2nd with twins. How about you?
  • @lq84 I haven't been told anything like that yet. I've only 1 appt so far and it was with the nurse. They did do an u/s but I see my dr for the first time on 7/10 to go over all the tests they did and to get a little more info on the twins. It seems so far away. I don't see them lasting until the 16th because I know twins are normally early. We probably should be in the December 2015 thread lol. 

Anyway, it is good to connect with someone who is EXACTLY where I am. I look forward to reading more of your posts. 
    1st child DOB 9/3/02

SO and I met 6/25/06

Married 9/2/12

• Hi everyone ! I am thrilled to see this thread and be able to check in with eachother. I am part of the multiples chat but it isn't very active for some reason. So many thanks to you @keshakdavis !
    1. I am 9 weeks
    2. FTM although have 3 step kids from my hubby. Ages 11,11, and 9. Yes he has another set of twins - crazy.
    3. We were both pretty surprised and happy. But I think on some level we knew. We didn't think it would really happen, but we had made a few comments here and here about twins- so we weren't floored when we found out.
    4. I am super bloated and u comfortable. Have been since very early on. Not sure if I'm really showing yet- but since it's two im thinking soon!
    5. Today like everyday I am super nauseous, tired, boobs hurt.
    6. My second cousin has twins.

Weird craving - I am embarrassed and mad at myself for putting this crap in my body, but bacon egg and cheese hot pockets.
    BabyFruit Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1. 7weeks 1 day. Had an ultrasound at 6w5d and saw two heartbeats.
    2. No other children. Had 2 miscarriages / natural cycles
    3. I cried and laughed at the same time
    4. Severe bloating but obviously no bump yet. Ppl at work are asking question due to bloat
    5. Exhausted. I could sleep for days. It feels like the fatigue with flu.
    6. No twins in my family but we did IVF FET and transferred two embryos. Hubby has twin sisters.

I'm thirsty all the time!! Fatigue and bloating have really been the main symptoms so far.
    Happy and healthy 9 months to all!

• Tomorrow is a very important day... On May 19 I went to the ER with HORRIBLE cramps (I thought it was my appendix!) only to:
    A. Find out that I was pregnant (first surprise)
    B. Find out that I was pregnant with twins!!

At five weeks there were two clear gestational sacs (no yolk sac yet)... However, at my 7 week US they only saw one yolk sac with a heart beat... The other gestational sac was empty :(. So, either Baby B is a little behind, was hiding, too small to see yet or a case of vanishing twin. Twins don't run in my family or his at all!! My ultrasound is at 3 tomorrow!

1. 9 weeks 5 days
    2. Two fur babies (maltipoos) and first pregnancy.
    3. I was shocked and speechless and cried!
    4. Bloating and gained about three/four pounds
    5. Beyond exhausted during the day and then can't sleep at all at night :(. And I don't nap during the day... Insomnia like crazy at night.
    6. No twins in the family...

I haven't really had any cravings... Definitely some aversions though... I am definitely eating a lot of salty foods and not much on the sweet side. And I have to pee ALL of the time!!!

Did anyone else not see Baby B until a little later on?

• 1. 7 weeks 2 days
    2. These will be our first babies!
    3. I was undergoing fertility treatments and both my husband and I had a very strong feeling we would end up with twins.  So we were thrilled, though not very surprised.
    4. Not showing yet, I wish I was!
    5. I vomited at work this morning/feeling extremely tired and cannot figure out for the life of me what I can stomach for lunch today.  An ongoing battle.
    6. I have cousins who are twins, but they are also the product of fertility treatments.

GTKY - I crave bland carbs all the time (bagels with cream cheese).  I can't go near meat or vegetables (which I usually love).  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • nanampnanamp member
    @andreachristine81 - on my first scan the second sacs looked empty. My doc sent me to a radiology place with more sensitive equipment get another US the next day and we were able to see it there - with a heartbeat.

The doc figured this would be the case because she said usually an empty Sav wouldn't have been as big as mine was..
    Hope this helps.
  • @nanamp - that's the thing... The other sac went from being identified as a corpus luteum cyst to growing into an actual gestational sac... I private messaged you :).
  • 1. How far along are you? 8w2d
    2. What are the ages of your other children? 13 months on the 17th.
    3. What was your initial reaction when finding out? Holy crap.
    4. Are you showing already? Pregnant via gestational surrogate, so hopefully not unless I gain sympathy weight.
    6. Do twins run I'm your family? I have twins in my family, but we are pregnant via IVF and transferred two embryos.
  • 1. How far along are you? 7w6d
    2. What are the ages of your other children? almost 4
    3. What was your initial reaction when finding out? Not totally shocked. My Betas were high-ish
    4. Are you showing already?  No
    5. What symptoms are you having this morning? Just tired
    6. Do twins run I'm your family? My mom is a twin, but these are IVF babies. We transfered 2 after 2 failed SETs
    1.0&2.0 7-29-11

• 1. How far along are you? 11 weeks

2. What are the ages of your other children? My step kids are 7 and twins are 4

3. What was your initial reaction when finding out? I was in shock because my ultrasound before was only twins then they found the third

4. Are you showing already? Yes a little

5. What symptoms are you having this morning? So far I've been lucky and have only had headaches everyday buy no sickness yay

6. Do twins (triplets) run I'm your family? Nope neither mine or his I was on clomid

GTKY - What's the best thing you've craved so far? Sour candy