Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

MMC - waiting and wondering.

kcmichelkcmichel member
Hello everyone. Im a mom of 3. Me and DH have been trying for #4 this year.
After a few days of cramping and on & off spotting/very light bleeding I went to the ER yesterday. They did 2 U/S and informed me the baby only measured 8 weeks instead of 11+3 and there was no heartbeat.
All 3 of our living children were concieved easily and quickly and carried successfully - only one SCH scare with #2. I also had an early MC in March. I was so scared the first 8-9 weeks of this pregnancy, then I started feeling better and more confident - right around the time the baby supposedly stopped growing. That disturbs me so much. These sudden back to back losses is so hard to comprehend.
The most difficult part is that it seems like my body can't decide whether or not it wants to let this baby go. The spotting/cramping is very on and off, I've only passed a couple of tiny clots. I had 2 seperate days last week where I had brown discharge and then this episode started on tuesday. I know it can take a while for my body to realize whats going on, it just makes me wonder if this is really what the ER docs told me it is. I have a sono/dr visit on tuesday so if things don't pick up I can talk about the next steps to take. I may take the medication and try to avoid a D&C but Im not making any decisions until tuesday. Just trying to get through the days until then.
Thanks for reading. Im sorry for anyone else going through losses and sorry we are meeting under these circumstances but I look forward to hearing from any of you.
Edited for typo.

Re: MMC - waiting and wondering.

• Options

Yes I am going through this right now as well. We have 3 children as well and have experience two losses, one before my last child and then one after her. I had an ultrasound Friday june 5th showing that the baby had no heart beat, I was supposed to be about 10 weeks and baby stopped growing at 8. My body has been doing the same as yours. Finaly on Thursday I had some spotting and since then I've been having darker spotting, and more cramps. It just takes time unfortunately :( We have been trying some acupressure points to help move things along, under the direction of my midwife and chiropractor. You would need to ask if that's ok for you but the ones on the ankles and leg really give me contractions.

I'm so sorry you are going through this too! It really really sucks!!!! For me I've had super rocky pregnancies with issues like pre-eclampsia, IUGR and then these losses. I'm going to be tested for MTHFR gene mutation among other things. I'm really healthy and they can't figure out what the deal is with everything. You could look into MTHFR, and also have your thyroid and progesterone levels checked. Hang in there!

• Options
    kcmichelkcmichel member
    edited June 2015
    Thank you for your response and Im so sorry you are going through this too. Thanks for the idea, I plan on seeking some sort of basic testing to see if there was anything amiss with my body that could be corrected. But maybe Im one of those unlucky cases that a chemical pregnancy affected my ability to hang on to a baby concieved in the next cycle. (The info I got was that plenty of them go on to be fine).
    Like you Im also very healthy, or at least I was. Im only 25 and no M/C until these 2 this year. So Im scratching my head as well.
    I hope we both get answers and have better luck in the future. No one should have to go through this. I know it happens and when you have multiple children, statistics of loss are bound to catch up with you sometime. Dosn't make it easier to cope with though : (
    Will be thinking of you! Feel free to update me if you'd like and let me know how you are. You hang in there too!
    Edited for typo.