- Sweet potato 
- Oatmeal 
- Butternut squash 

Here's what we have planned next: 
- Sweet peas
- Bananas 
- Zucchini 
- Lentils 

But would love to brainstorm some ideas with other parents. Our doc gave us a list of the 'no' foods for now, but short of those she says we can do what we'd like. Any other ideas? 

Re: What solids is everyone trying?

• Jus started acorn squash yesterday and didn't go so well (he liked it, face didn't). But besides that our list is pretty similar to yours. We also do mango, peaches, pears, green beans, carrots, and the obvious one...apples.

He hasn't met a food he doesn't like yet lol
  • I have done peas, green beans, squash, carrots, zucchini, avocado, yogurt (stopped that cuz got scared of allergies), egg yolk, apple, pears, and grapes (to help with the pooping).

Planning to start soon: bananas, lentils, mangoes, spinach, broccoli...

She likes everything. Found that carrots constipate her. Still give her a little bit.

teaismCAgal, I sent u a private msg.
  • Loading the player...
  • We've done carrots and sweet potatoes so far.... Going to do zucchini next week and some hard boiled egg yolk. We were going to do avocado this week but they went gross before I got to them. Ha!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • We've done apples, peaches, green grapes, carrots, potato, sweet potato. We're going to start corn next and spinach after that.
  • LO loves his solids now. We started out with oatmeal mixed with formula. Now he has had rice cereal, multi grain cereal, squash (his favorite), green beans, peas, sweet potato, corn, carrots, spinach, banana (another favorite), apple, strawberry, prune (he was constipated), blueberry, mango, orange, pear, and peach.

I want to try mac/cheese with veggies and proteins (chicken or turkey) with noodle next.

I tried plain yogurt mixed with some fruit but he didn't like it so we will wait and try again later on that.

Most of the time I have to mix his baby food with oatmeal or multi grain cereal he doesn't like runny food. It has to have a thick consistency for him to eat it. If it's runny he just spits it out. Is that weird?
  • We just did green beans — baby loved it! Warning on lentils, it give our LO really bad gas. He was up all night wailing and pooped out little tiny rabbit pellets in the morning. We tossed out the rest of the lentil puree and next time we give it a go, we'll probably try soaking them first. We hear that makes them much more digestible.