July 2015 Moms

Inducing

So I was diagnosed with preeclampsia 3 weeks ago and have been in the hospital being monitored since then. Tonight they start the inducing process. I will be getting cervidil tonight and hopefully only need 1 dose. And then would start pitocin tomorrow morning. If everything goes well then I will have my baby tomorrow night. But unfortunately I will most likely need magnesium during labor and for 24 hours after. I know everything will be fine but I'm still a little nervous.

Re: Inducing

• Sending prayers your way! Praying for a safe delivery and a speedy recovery and a healthy beautiful baby!
  • T&P for you, baby and a smooth healthy delivery.
  • Loading the player...
  • Praying for you.
    I had the same thing with my first. They do a 12 hour cervidel patch.. It does hurt a bit, but it don't take long. I believe when they put it in it strips membranes.. And expect some bleeding.. No one told me it hurt or that it could cause bleeding and I freaked out!! Nurse came in and said it is perfectly normal. I started off with contractions 5 mins apart and fairly painful. After 12 hours I only dilated 1 cm, but effaced enough to start pitocin.. So you should be just fine. And congrats on getting to see your baby tomorrow!!! It will all be worth it soon :) I had a very quick labor (from start of pitocin to the end.. After pushing an hour and a half, was 6 hours. I been told induction causes fast labors. (May not always be the case)
    Good luck mama!