November 2015 Moms

Early glucose test

hello mamas to be! I'm currently 16 weeks and have had trace glucose so my dr wants me to take an early glucose test. Looking for info, encoragement, and positive stories!! Thanks a bunch :) ❤️

Re: Early glucose test

• My docs had me do one at 17 weeks due to my PCOS. My results were completely normal. Just think positive!!!
  • Thank you! Just nervous because they have causes for concern
  • Loading the player...
  • I had to do it at 9 weeks because I had a baby over 9lbs.
  • I had GD (gestational diabetes) with my first. The test is to drink a small bottle of a sugary KoolAid/Tang like drink and wait an hour (or three depending on which test you're doing.) I did my glucose tolerance test at 16 weeks and I failed it. It's a pain in the butt if it happens, but it can likely be controlled through diet and exercise. Testing blood sugar is a little annoying, but not very. I'm adjusting to eating better and there are a few discussions already posted about healthy eating tips and things like that specific to GD.
    June Siggy Challenge image
  • I'm getting tested at 20 and 28 weeks. I have PCOs and Insulin resistance. I'm nervous but so far all my tests have been okay. GOOD LUCK!
  • I was tested at 9 weeks. I do have GD. Even if your results come back positive, it is not a terrible diagnosis. Monitoring it is more aof a pain in the butt more than anything else. I am 17 weeks and already on insulin. Remember that everything you do is to keep your baby healthy! If you ever have any questions on it, please message me!! You can do it!
  • urby87urby87 member
    I was tested (glucola drink and finger poke) around 14w.  They gave me the drink at my first appointment, but I hadn't done it by my 13w appointment and they asked me to do it within the next week.  A friend told me that was really early to test (I didn't know what to expect, since this is my first pregnancy), so I looked into it a bit online.  The only thing I found was a few posts on other boards saying that since the ACA passed, earlier testing is encouraged as a preventative measure so they can better monitor those who do test high.
  • Thank you all so much! Wishing you all luck on your journeys as well!
  • I had a hypoglycemic attack this morning at school drop off. Ended up at the Dr getting blood tests. Basically my blood sugars dropped too low and I've gotta make sure I have more sugar throughout the day so it doesn't happen again.
  • My OB office does them regularly at the first appt, then around 26 weeks. No biggie. :)
    Baby number 1 on the way!