Connecticut Babies

John Dempsey or Hartford Hospital experience?

I'm thinking of switching from my OB to the uconn health center group mainly because my current OB's office staff is horrible and I really don't want to deliver at Hartford hospital. Does anyone have any experience with the uconn health obgyns in Farmington or with John Dempsey hospital or Hartford Hospital? I'm new to the area so any advice or your experiences would be appreciated! Thanks!

Re: John Dempsey or Hartford Hospital experience?

• Hi,
    We see Dr. Bowers as our regular GYN at UConn. We love her for routine things. We have not had our first prenatal appointment yet. We are going July 16th (9 weeks) but when we called saying that we were pregnant, they said we could not see Dr. Bowers until September so we are seeing an APRN for this first visit. We are not thrilled about this but apparently it is the norm to see others in the practice besides your own doctor? If you want to PM me, I can let you know how things go. But, my mom used to work at JDH and they do have a good NICU and I think a good birthing center. Let me know if you hear any feedback!