October 2015 Moms

Baby showe games ??

Planing a baby shower not sure what to do ! Any ideas , any fun games ?

Re: Baby showe games ??

• CEB37CEB37 member
    I honestly prefer no games. I'd rather just have a drink and socialize. I think games are kind of cheesy and don't understand why they are necessary for adults at a party. If games are important to the MTB, I would suggest no candy bars in the diapers, no chugging stuff out of baby bottles or consuming of baby food, because that is repulsive.

Maybe baby gift bingo or matching baby animals with there mothers? Pinterest is your friend here.
  • Loading the player...
  • urby87urby87 member
    edited June 2015
    Lurking from N15...

Secret word -- Select a baby-related "secret word" at the beginning of the shower.  Everybody starts out with a safety pin/clothespin/some type of marker, and if they get caught saying the secret word, they have to forfeit their marker to the first person to call them on it.  You can have a small prize for the winner or do it just for fun.  :)
  • We did this for my bridal shower, and everyone enjoyed it. Depending on how many people, your host places small items/gifts in paper bags. Guests shake and squish the bags to guess what's inside. They guess then pass it on. Whoever writes down most correct items wins! We had 10 items for 25 guests.

We had small houseplants and handmade candles as prizes.
  • urby87 said:
    Lurking from N15...

Secret word -- Select a baby-related "secret word" at the beginning of the shower.  Everybody starts out with a safety pin/clothespin/some type of marker, and if they get caught saying the secret word, they have to forfeit their marker to the first person to call them on it.  You can have a small prize for the winner or do it just for fun.  :)
    I had a serious fight with one of my best friends because of this game lol.  
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My friend found a cute build-your-own headband activity where guests create headbands, if you're having a girl. Or you could decorate onesies. I tend to like those types of activities rather than games. 

Another one I saw: have guests bring a baby photo of themselves, then guess who is who. 
  • At my cousin's recent shower, they just had a "game table" set up. So, guests could play games at their own leisure if/when they wanted. That way, no one was forced into hours of mandatory fun. I think the table had guess how many jelly beans, guess the baby food & match nursery rhyme quotes with the book. Guests placed their answers in a box (with their names, obviously) & winners were announced later. I LOVE this way of incorporating games!
    DH & I married 12/17/2012
    Me (31)-dx w/PCOS 2007, when married to ex-husband after MC
    DH (41)-no MFI
    07/2014-Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI= chem preg ;(
    08/2014-Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI + 2nd trigger= BFN
    09/2014-Clomid 100mg + trigger + IUI + 2nd trigger= BFN
    10/2014-benched due to RE out of town, tying naturally!
    11/2014-benched due to cyst
    12/2014-Femara 5mg + stair step with additional 5 days Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI=BFN
    01/2015-Femara 5mg + Gonal F 25 units + trigger (plus additional Gonal F 100 units on trigger night) + IUI= BFP!!! Twins due 10/2015
    09/28/2015- Surprise!  Conrad and Hudson born at 35w6d!  
  • CEB37 said:

I honestly prefer no games. I'd rather just have a drink and socialize. I think games are kind of cheesy and don't understand why they are necessary for adults at a party. If games are important to the MTB, I would suggest no candy bars in the diapers, no chugging stuff out of baby bottles or consuming of baby food, because that is repulsive.

Maybe baby gift bingo or matching baby animals with there mothers? Pinterest is your friend here.

Keyword "PINTEREST" for everything baby, I'm addicted, and going to be so broke by the time our son is here.
  • I know this probably isn't helpful, but most people I know really dislike shower games. I think it's because when you get to a certain age, between the Bridal Showers and Baby Showers every few weeks, it gets tedious. 

Hey everyone loves bingo ! If my mother goes to a shower and theirs no bingo she gets right upset !

I'm getting a bag of size 1 diapers and getting everyone to write a cute little memo on it. So at 2 am when Liam wakes me up for a poopy bum change the diaper will say something cute like "daddy's turn next" or "hi mommy". Just something to laugh at !
  • Games seemed a little odd to me too but my best friend mom and boyfriend's sister insist and since they're planning it's up to them. I think I'll be plenty entertained with food gifts and my family and friends.
  • edited June 2015

amberrmariee20
    Hey everyone loves bingo ! If my mother goes to a shower and theirs no bingo she gets right upset !

I'm getting a bag of size 1 diapers and getting everyone to write a cute little memo on it. So at 2 am when Liam wakes me up for a poopy bum change the diaper will say something cute like "daddy's turn next" or "hi mommy". Just something to laugh at !

I know someone who did this and I think it's s super cute idea but the writing off of the diaper bled onto the clothing and ruined some outfits!
  • GIFT BINGO! It makes the long gift opening session fun for guests of all ages.

Here is how it works. You print out blank bingo boards (5x5 grids). You give one to each guest. Then, before the gifts are open, each attendee fills in the squares on their own board with their predictions for what gifts they think will get opened. Each time a gift their board is opened they mark it off. If they get 5 in a row they get a prize.

We played this at my shower, but with pre filled out cards. It made the gift opening so much more fun.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • J1DJ1D member
    blsav23 said:

At my cousin's recent shower, they just had a "game table" set up. So, guests could play games at their own leisure if/when they wanted. That way, no one was forced into hours of mandatory fun. I think the table had guess how many jelly beans, guess the baby food & match nursery rhyme quotes with the book. Guests placed their answers in a box (with their names, obviously) & winners were announced later. I LOVE this way of incorporating games!

This is a great idea! I personally love games of any kind but I know not everyone does, so this is perfect!
  • karlimelisskarlimeliss member
    edited June 2015
    CEB37 said:

I'm 31 and work with women ranging from 22 to 60. We plan game nights and have more fun and laughing than just at a dinner party. IMO people of all ages like games and competition and best of all winning! We played bingo and and a celebrity name their baby game.
  • amberrmariee20

I know someone who did this and I think it's s super cute idea but the writing off of the diaper bled onto the clothing and ruined some outfits!

I'll have to find some good markers !!
  •      I'm not that big into traditional shower games either. At my shower (over a decade ago!) I had a table set up with various size onesies with corrugated plastic inside them and fabric markers, paints and stencils so guests could make my son a custom onesie. SO glad I did that-he was wearing those onesies til 18 months old with messages and drawings from so many people I loved!

A funny thing I did (because I knew people were expecting games):You know the game where they pass around the tray with 15-20 baby items on it and everyone gets a good look for a minute, and then the tray is covered up and you have to write down everything you remember? Well my mother passed around the tray full of miscellaneous items without really saying anything. People just automatically assume they know what to do so they start memorizing the tray items. After a minute, my mother covered up the tray and I went upstairs as she announced, "Okay, now what was MOM (Me) wearing?" Everyone was so confused. I could hear my grandma asking, "Why was there a tray? How do I know what the hell she was wearing?" While I cracked up in the upstairs bedroom. (It's funny because I HATE shower games and I LOATHE tricking people, but this was hilarious.) My sister won knowing every single piece of jewelry and clothing item I had on, and I was loaded with accessories. Pretty impressive.

I also did the gift bingo, which was awesome. It gives people something to do while you open gifts. (Which is also something I loathe.)

And-most importantly-there was beer and tequila for everyone. 

July Siggy Challenge
    Favorite Childhood TeeVee Show
    Today's Special
  • I'm not into traditional games either, but the headband idea and decorating onesies. Is super fun! You can buy these iron on shapes from Etsy (or you can make your own) and people can just iron on the shapes to the onesies. It ends up being a lot nicer than drawing on them with sharpies and you would actually use them!

For games like I said I don't like traditional games. We are doing Baby jeopardy, who was is (ex: who competed in several beauty pageants? Mom or Dad?), and price the baby items (I like this one bc I love the price is right!)

• Note: there are also some awesome headband making kits on etsy that are super cute. I did both the headband and the onesies for my best friends baby shower 2 years ago.
  • I hate being forced to play games, but the bingo one would be ok. Especially since people could just hold the sheet and not participate if they wished without looking like party poopers in the corner.
  • I like the Bingo one because it gives you something to do while waiting an hour to watch open gifts.  I love the headband idea!  
    -I've done the whole candy bar in diaper that looks like poo but guess the candy bar game.  You either love that or hate it!  
    -Put a bunch of stuff in a diaper bag and just have everyone feel around in the bag and guess what is in there and write it down.

I did a sprinkle for my sister and there were only six of us so I tried different games.  I had the girls suck wine out of a baby bottle to see who can get it down first....that was a fail!  It was taking too long!  I also bought the mini cans of play doh and you had to mold a baby out of one and then everyone voted for the best one.