Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Fetal Doppler

Hey girls!

Had a MC & D&C March 25- now pregnant with a rainbow baby!! I'm about 5 weeks & considering purchasing a fetal doppler to listen to the heartbeat between appt and make myself feel better...? Stupid?? Or a good idea? :) thanks!

Re: Fetal Doppler

• Options
    Congrats on your new pregnancy!!
    Right now it would be way to early to hear anything on a doppler. 5 weeks is too early to even see it on a sono. From everything I've read and the ones I looked up its not likely to work until 12+ weeks. I'd deffinitly hold off. I understand your concern but try to take it easy : )
  • Options
    I'm paranoid, so everyone told me no. :( If you're really worried, then you could always go into your doctor's office and have them give you a quick ultrasound. Just be honest with your doctor about how you feel and they should understand. The nurse told me that there are mornings that the doctor isn't there and they're slow, so those are the best times to sneak in. I know it's scary, but it's exciting, too! I'm sure your little bean will be strong and healthy. Congratulations and good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    After my loss my sister let me borrow her fetal doppler. It helped so much! Every time I started freaking out I would use it and feel so much better. Congrats!
  • Options
    I had a missed miscarriage at 8 weeks with my first (jan 8) found out three months later I was pregnant again. I bought a Doppler and began using at 9 weeks. I love it! I have some days where I can't find my little nugget and if after 10 minutes I still don't hear anything I take a break, go eat and try again in about an hour. If you do get one keep it fun, dont stress if you don't find it right away, my nugget doesn't like the Doppler every now and then baby will give the Doppler a sharp kick lol then I know we're done playing for the day.