July 2015 Moms

Fundal height and measuring big

Hi, just wondering if anyone else has been measuring bigger than what they are supposed too? I went for my 31 week appointment today and my doctor said I'm measuring 35 weeks. Will this affect delivery, baby's weight or height? I have been asked to go for an ultrasound and will be going June 10th. Am a little concerned as I am a ftm.

Re: Fundal height and measuring big

• Baby could be a little big OR it could have been the way he/she was positioned. My Fundal height is dead on but my little bean has been very small....it just depends on the way you are carrying. It may have also been a high level of amniotic fluid that day. No worries!!! ♡
  • At 28 weeks I measured big. The baby was just over 1700 grams (between 3.5-3.9 pounds) I was told he was in the 90th percentile. I'm seeing my OB for my 33 week appt. if the baby is too big you may need a C section
  • Loading the player...
  • mnj05mnj05 member
    With my first, I measured 4-6 weeks ahead the entire pregnancy. We induced at 39 weeks thinking baby was big but it was all fluid. My son was 7lbs 15oz, he was not big. Take that measurement with a grain of salt, it doesn't always mean big baby.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• Yup, I was 32 weeks last week and I measured at 35. Got an ultrasound scheduled for the 9th. Apparently it's common and probably not a reason to worry!
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • rnasirrnasir member
    Thank you ladies!!!
  • At my 32 week check, I was measuring 34 weeks on fundal height and at the US, baby was measuring 1 week ahead. It's definitely not a perfect science. It's all they have to go on but it's not the most accurate.
  • My fundal height measures 3 weeks behind, doctor had me have a growth scan today and baby is actually measuring 1 week ahead. Who would've thought lol fundal height is all how you carry, some carry small some carry big. Baby will be just as it should regardless of what that tape measure says!!!
  • At 30 weeks I was measuring 33cm, now at 34 weeks I am back on track to 34cm. Not usually any reason to worry, could be baby was stretching or in an odd position.
  • Im measuring 4.5 weeks ahead! Growth scan booked for tomorrow, so nervous
  • I've had a series of growth scans due to this... Dr said if there are no other complications they wouldn't induce just for a large baby - so try not to worry
    Also it could totally be babies position
  • At my 32 week appointment I measured 41. We have an ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow to see what's going on. Midwife isn't too concerned -- thinking extra fluid -- but just making sure.
  • I'm 36 weeks and I had my ultrasound today. Baby is weighing in at 8.2 pounds!! He mentioned possibly needing a c section. It is pretty upsetting and scary!
  • rnasirrnasir member
    carlyyo said:

I'm 36 weeks and I had my ultrasound today. Baby is weighing in at 8.2 pounds!! He mentioned possibly needing a c section. It is pretty upsetting and scary!

That is a big baby!! :) but don't worry it will be fine... Hopefully it will be wonderful and worth it in the end :)