Pregnant after IF

*** 1st Tri Checkin 06/01/15***

marniefmarnief member
edited June 2015 in Pregnant after IF
Welcome!

This is a weekly checkin for members in their 1st trimester. Congrats to everyone that has made it to this check-in! Feel free to post your updates here until your 14th week.

Please post below and include your EDD and how many beans you have. (And let me know if I have any info wrong!) 
 How far along are you this week? 
Any appointments or other updates? 

QOTW: Have you found any good remedies for insomnia? (Asks the girl who fell asleep at 11:45, woke up at 2:30, fell back asleep at 5:30, and woke up at 6:20...) 

December 
@jamiejean22 - 12/24/15 - 1 bean - 
@MrsBwIVF - 12/30/15 - 2 beans - so glad the SCH is resolved! And how exciting that you are already planning for the regular OB. I know it's scary though! 

January 
@MummaWoods - EDD? - ? bean(s) - 
@kbeck008 - 01/05/16 - 1 bean - 
@TheNaijaGal - 01/07/16 - ? bean(s) - 
@somewhereinafrica - 01/08/2016 - 1 bean - By now your MIL is gone, I hope you are in a better mood! I totally hear you...T&P for you, hope the bleeding stops and you have a great US. 
@andimegie325 - 01/10/2016 - 1 bean - Congrats on the great US! 
@marnief - 01/12/16 - ? bean(s) 
@emikat - 01/13/16 - 1 bean - 
@lilbabe2016 - 01/13/16 - 1 bean - Welcome aboard! And yay for the healing powers of trail mix.
Me: 37 | DH: 38 | Married 9/2012, low AMH, high FSH
First-ever BFP after IUI #4 (Follistim) - Baby Girl born (36w2d) 8/8/2014!
TTC #2 since Feb 2015
BFP 5/4/15

Re: *** 1st Tri Checkin 06/01/15***

• Very excited to still be able to post on this board after our overly exciting weeks of issues!!!
    Also, just a fyi, for some reason, I had to change my name from MrsB91512 to what it is now, no idea how or why.
    Anyways, today is 9w2d with both beans doing great. We had a follow up today to check on my SCHs. Both babies measured great and had super strong heartbeats! Also, apparently they've moved to the fetus stage exciting. It's always the best feeling in the world to see them growing and to literally feel a weight being lifting from DH and I. Plus, they are looking more like humans! Last week, I swear one looked just like the batmobile! I was a little upset after the appt when DH said he couldn't believe they were moving so much! I had a very obstructed view and was just glad to see they were bigger.
    Dr originally wanted us to come next week but since she couldn't see any big sign the SCHs were there anymore, she pushed it to two weeks! No idea how we'll last that long without weekly reassurance but they did say if I start to panic to call and tell get me in to check no matter what. I am seriously going to miss that staff! I will, however, have no problem giving up my POIs once we "graduate" to a regular OB. And it'll be nice, we have an appt on the 15 with this dr and the 19 with the regular OB! That'll put us one day shy of 12 weeks so we will be announcing, hopefully, that weekend at a family reunion and then to DHs side on father's day. Again, our parents and siblings already know we're pregnant but only my mother and father (whos in heaven watching over us) knows it's twins. My mother will be super excited to finally talk to her sisters about it since they ask if she knows anything since our procedure.
    Sorry, that got winded!
    Anyways, I have been experiencing insomnia off and on and found it odd. Shouldn't I be extra tired with 2 tiny humans growing inside? Luckily, I'm extremely blessed with an amazing DH who is blessed with a great job, and who after our last m/c, let me stop working so I could be on full time ivf patrol. It's been such a blessing with our issues and my super early bed rests and I basically get to sleep in and take as many naps as I need to.
  • Hello ladies! We are 8w2d today. I was supposed to have another u/s this week, but they had no open appointments so I got pushed back to next week :(( this is almost worse than the first 2WW!! Our RE is planning to graduate it's to my regular OB on that appointment, which is exciting and scary. He already let me stop taking the progesterone, which again scared me since that was 2 weeks before I had anticipated, but everything has been fine since. Boobs are still sore and I'm still EXHAUSTED, but haven't experienced any spotting or other undesirables. Every step gets me more excited and yet more cautious. I bought a new scrapbook for the baby to keep track of ultrasound and belly pictures for now, but I can't make myself start to put it together for fear I'll jinx it :( I just try to keep thinking about the symptoms I have and remind myself that it means I'm still pregnant. Hope everyone is doing well this week and @MrsBwIVF I'm really jealous of your naps :))

8 Years
    2 Miscarriages
    2 Ectopic Pregnancies
    1 Round of Clomid
    1 Fresh IVF Cycle
    1 Bean and 5 Frosties!
  • Loading the player...
  • The jinx fear is all too real!
    We went on memorial day to visit my dad's grave in a military cemetery, there were way more people than I had anticipated so we just did a quick hello and left an u/s photo.
    Then we left and I of course had a meltdown that I had majorly jinxed us. Logically, I know it's completely ridiculous but that's how our minds are wired now!
  • I am doing pretty well. 10w4d today, and getting more excited to get into the 2nd trimester! Really hoping I start feeling better then.

No appointments coming up. Next one isn't till 13 weeks. But today I bought the app that supposedly lets you hear the babies heartbeat, and I wasn't figuring it would work, but I found the heartbeat once! It was 143 bpm, so that was fun. Haven't been able to find it again though.

As far as insomnia, I haven't dealt with that at all. I feel like I could sleep all the time!!
  • Morning ladies! So I'm 4w6d or exactly 5 weeks today (can't remember) with an EDD of 2/2/16! Just got my results from my 2nd beta 1442!!! I go in for my 3rd beta tomorrow and hopefully have an US on Tuesday next week to see the baby(s) (we're hoping for twins). We are still in the extremely nervous hope it stays stage. 

As of lately I'm exhausted all the time and having a hard time sleeping. So let's talk boobs. Does anyone else feel like theirs a ginormous? I feel like mine are huge with no end in site of the expansion and they hurt like no tomorrow. I'm also finally starting to realize that pregnancy brain is a real thing. I'm so forgetful lately! DH thinks this is pretty funny since I'm normally the one that has it together............
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Boobs, yes!!!! I started to wear a sports bra to bed every night with in a week of finding out we're pregnant. They are so tender to the touch and hurt when they bounce that I hate showering! That and, for some reason I get super nauseaus in the shower.
    I feel bad for DH because he's excited about my boobs being swollen but can do nothing since I'm on pelvic rest. Honestly, with how bad they are, I'd probably wear a bra during sex too!
  • marniefmarnief member
    edited June 2015
    8w1d here and we finally had the first US and it was great!  One lovely bean measuring 8w2d, already an overachiever. :)  Next app't in 2 weeks when we will have the Mat21 test and find out gender.  We video-chatted with my folks after the app't and had our DD in a onesie that said, "This girl is getting promoted to big sister" and my parents cried when they saw it. :)  Good times. My MIL loves just a couple miles from us so she won't get the news until we can tell her together in person, probably this weekend. But my folks are leaving for vacation so we had to tell them now or wait two or three weeks.

Re: boobs - with #1, I went up two cup sizes. Lost all the baby weight but the girls remained one cup size bigger than where I'd started.  Hoping that doesn't recur!

QOTW: Omigosh, SO TIRED. I finally gave in and started taking Unisom to help me sleep. I still wake up at 2:30 am but at least now I'm back asleep within 10-15 min instead of being awake for 3 hours!
    TTC #2 since Feb 2015
    BFP 5/4/15
  • So exciting!!!! How old is dd?
  • Thank you! DD will be 10 months on Monday. Crazy! So if all goes well, we will be in the 2-under-2 crowd for a while...
    TTC #2 since Feb 2015
    BFP 5/4/15
  • I gave a long update on the post about my bleed! Bleeding has stopped which is the best news. Back on those very nice progesterone injections and my butt is now even more tender than my boobs! @MrsBwIVF I hear you about no action going on ... My husband grabbed my bum to be affectionate and I cried! Not his intended reaction!

My little bam bam is 2 days bigger than my dates and we heard the heart beat for the first time. I am now 8w4d and everyday closer to that 12 week mark is a small victory party! The bleed we think was the second sac!

Was a little mad at my IVF doctors as they were terrible with answering the phone and email when I was having my bleed! I had it done overseas so the logistics is difficult anyway just feel a little let down by their after care. I was told to come off my blood thinner too. Anyone else still on quite a few meds? I'm getting increasingly anxious to stop them! I hate taking so many drugs.

I am sleeping ok actually just up between 5 and 6 am which is unusual for me as I am usually a firm 7-730 kind of person but hey getting some early morning practice in!
  • Good Morning ladies! 

My EDD is 1/26/2016, today I am 6w2d. We saw the heartbeat yesterday, yay!!! It was at 111bpm, which is normal this early on. 
    This was our first go at IVF and we are super thankful that it worked after what seems like a million years of trying!
    My symptoms have been coming and going quite a bit. Today I am feeling quite exhausted and nauseous, but nothing I can't handle.  
  • RoeniRoeni member
    Hello! I am rejoining the boards after just getting my beta this week from my FET Feb 19.  Can I please be added to the check in? I have not had an ultrasound yet, so I am still very nervous and find it difficult to be excited due to my history of rpl.My EDD is Feb 5th.  Thank you!
  • @Roeni, I hope you meant May 19 and not Feb 19 or you'd be pregnant a year! Haha. We have a long enough struggle so 12 months of pregnancy would be terrible!

@somewhereinafrica, I'm still on all my meds, the estradiol and 2 progesterone shots a day. Doc days I can come off them at my appt in a week and a half, cannot wait! DH also goes to touch my lower back or give me a sweet massage and I feel bad for flinching or yelping in pain. Oh the fun of ivf continues!
  • RoeniRoeni member
    I definitely have pregnancy brain already! Yes, May 19th! this morning I grabbed a tupperware to store some breakfast in and instead of putting it in the fridge, I accidentally put it back in the cabinet! I can't believe how dumb this pregnancy is already making me!
  • Haha I get it! I was like 5 weeks and backed out of a parking stall too far and hit a building because I couldn't figure out seat belt, happens to the best of us! Very minimal damage, thank goodness and the building had no damage.
    And I think we have it worse because we have meds shoved in us every day.
  • Kelley421Kelley421 member
    edited June 2015
    Hi everyone! Joining in- EDD 1/26/16- first scan showed 3 beans but baby C was a bit behind A & B, have another scan Monday at 6w6d.

QoTW: I am taking diclegis for nausea and vomiting, the side effect is drowsiness so I am currently having a difficult time staying awake. I had an excellent nap under my desk midmorning. I-)

Two years, two losses and three IUIs...

We are having TRIPLETS!

EDD 1/26/16

GGB born November 2015!

• emikatemikat member
    Hi everyone, 

I'm 8 weeks today. My RE released me this week and I'm going to see the OB tomorrow. My nausea is in full swing and I have zero energy. I've also been sick for almost 2 weeks now and I really need to kick this thing! Being sick this early in the pregnancy worries me, but I'm sure it's just all nerves. I took my last estrace today. I hope that's going to help with the nausea. Two more weeks of crinone though. Ugh. 

QOTW - I wish I had a cure! I work night shifts every third week and it messes up my sleep rhythm so bad. I need a cure. 

TTC 10/11. IUI 2/12. BFP 3/8/12. 4/26/12 missed mc. RE consult 5/17/12. IVF #1 ER 7/13/12 53R, 41M ICSIed, 32F, 8 5d, 6 6d blasts - all PGD/frozen. PGD results 1 normal M and 1 normal F, 1 maybe M. FET 9/6, transferred 1 F embie. Beta 9/15 BFN. FET#2 planned for 11/2012 put off until 2013. Surprise BFP 11/21/12!! My son was born on 7/24/13!

FET 4/28/2015 - Transferred 1 M embie. 5/6/15 BFP!