December 2015 Moms

Safe sushi

I have been craving sishi. I searched online for a list of safe to eat sushi rolls to no avail. Does anyone know which ones are safe to eat. I know most of the rolls are cooked, just not sure which ones are not safe to eat.

Answers

• amw2133amw2133 member
    There was a post about this a day or two ago. Anything cooked is a-ok. Also any of the veggie ones are good too. Try to stay away from cooked fish high in Mercury, ahi, shark, swordfish. You might want to check out the other post as well as this is all my pregnant brain can remember at the moment. Haha
  • There's a post on sushi a few feeds up, you'll get some good info from that post. Anything vegetarian or cooked is fine.
  • Loading the player...
  • There's another Sushi post on the first page. Check it out. Might have helpful ideas. :)
  • You'll get different opinions on this. Many women keep on eating the raw rolls. If it's from a quality restaurant that you trust and have had good experiences with, the fish should be safe. Staying away from the high Mercury fish as the previous poster said is a good idea. I love sushi but I am taking the conservative approach and only eating cooked and veggie rolls. I had a shrimp tempura roll yesterday and it was delish.
  • Yes, check out the other thread. As PP stated, cooked fish is a okay but stay away from fish high in mercury. You can add tuna to the list also. However you don't need to avoid it completely, just don't eat too many servings at once. Chunk white tuna is lower in mercury then albacore so be cautious about how much you are eating. One to two moderately sized servings a week max, if that, with tuna belly.
  • I had 2 and a half rolls today! All cooked, but man it was amazing after craving and dreaming about it for the last two nights! Haha! California roll, Philadelphia roll (salmon, cucumber, cream cheese) and eel and avocado. Holy cow I could eat that daily. Mmmmmmmm.
  • I eat it all. Raw sashimi included. Not a problem
  • groovylocksgroovylocks member
    edited June 2015
    RSB1982 said:
    You'll get different opinions on this. Many women keep on eating the raw rolls. If it's from a quality restaurant that you trust and have had good experiences with, the fish should be safe. Staying away from the high Mercury fish as the previous poster said is a good idea. I love sushi but I am taking the conservative approach and only eating cooked and veggie rolls. I had a shrimp tempura roll yesterday and it was delish.
    Yeah it's all about the chef I've done the same as @RSB1982 but if I get a craving for a spicy tuna roll, i probably won't say no. I've been turned off by meat lately but craving nori rolls and the vinegar mixture they use in sushi rice - so i've been sticking with the "Zen" option on the menu for now.
  • Honesty, sushi is ok to eat. I would stay away from high Mercury fish. But raw sushi is one of the most nutrient dense foods you can eat. So good for baby. But you do need to be careful of the source of your sushi. Here's an article that talks about how to find good sushi. https://www.mommypotamus.com/red-wine-and-sushi-pregnancy-diet-myths-debunked/
  • I just had an appointment today and asked my doctor literally 5 times! Any cooked roll is totally fine and the veggie rolls are fine as well :D
    I hope this helps you! I was so excited that I went and ate 3 rolls after my appointment. And I dipped the veggie ones in the ginger salad dressing. Let me tell you absolutely to die for best lunch hands down since we found out we were expecting!